Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
4min+2sec

Code:

1  Strelka 5.5 x64    +37  +40/=75/-25 55.36%  77.5/140
2  Deep Rybka 4.1 x64  -37  +25/=75/-40 44.64%  62.5/140

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
Andres wrote:
4min+2sec

Code:

1  Strelka 5.5 x64    +37  +40/=75/-25 55.36%  77.5/140
2  Deep Rybka 4.1 x64  -37  +25/=75/-40 44.64%  62.5/140


Hmm. How many cores? I guess only 1 since that probably would be to Strelkas benefit. Or?

Farbror

I just saw your post yesterday regarding the match between Strelka and Critter. Why do you run Critter (and here Rybka 4.1 I think) one one single core when you can use your 6 cores to get maximum power from these engines? What you actually doing is running the MP-engines with much less power, and I dont see the point in doing that. Other than it would benefit Strelka 5.5, who`s not yet can handle more cores than 1. But to the authors of Rybka and Critter I think its pretty unfair. And, as I see it, pretty meaningless machting as well. Sorry.

Farbror

Last edited by farbrorsniff on Sat May 19, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Regarding Andres` post yesterday)

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
@farbrorsniff wrote:
Andres wrote:
4min+2sec

Code:

1  Strelka 5.5 x64    +37  +40/=75/-25 55.36%  77.5/140
2  Deep Rybka 4.1 x64  -37  +25/=75/-40 44.64%  62.5/140


Hmm. How many cores? I guess only 1 since that probably would be to Strelkas benefit. Or?

Farbror

I just saw your post yesterday regarding the match between Strelka and Critter. Why do you run Critter (and here Rybka 4.1 I think) one one single core when you can use your 6 cores to get maximum power from these engines? What you actually doing is running the MP-engines with much less power, and I dont see the point in doing that. Other than it would benefit Strelka 5.5, who`s not yet can handle more cores than 1. But to the authors of Rybka and Critter I think its pretty unfair. And, as I see it, pretty meaningless machting as well. Sorry.

Farbror

Strelka 5.5 (1 core) with Deep Rybka 4.1 (6 core), Would you call this a fair match??

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
Andres wrote:
@farbrorsniff wrote:
Andres wrote:
4min+2sec

Code:

1  Strelka 5.5 x64    +37  +40/=75/-25 55.36%  77.5/140
2  Deep Rybka 4.1 x64  -37  +25/=75/-40 44.64%  62.5/140


Hmm. How many cores? I guess only 1 since that probably would be to Strelkas benefit. Or?

Farbror

I just saw your post yesterday regarding the match between Strelka and Critter. Why do you run Critter (and here Rybka 4.1 I think) one one single core when you can use your 6 cores to get maximum power from these engines? What you actually doing is running the MP-engines with much less power, and I dont see the point in doing that. Other than it would benefit Strelka 5.5, who`s not yet can handle more cores than 1. But to the authors of Rybka and Critter I think its pretty unfair. And, as I see it, pretty meaningless machting as well. Sorry.

Farbror

Strelka 5.5 (1 core) with Deep Rybka 4.1 (6 core), Would you call this a fair match??


As it is for now; yes. Because its not Rybka (or Critters) fault that Strelka 5.5 doesnt support more than one core. Rybka and Critter is made for more cores, and should be given full power. What do you think the word "Deep" means? It means that the Rybka version is made for more than one core. So running DEEP Rybka on one core is kind of a contradiction, as I see it.


By the way; Osipov is said to be making a MP-version of Strelka. Only when this get out will we see Strelkas full strenght smile

Farbror

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
@farbrorsniff wrote:
Andres wrote:
Strelka 5.5 (1 core) with Deep Rybka 4.1 (6 core), Would you call this a fair match??


As it is for now; yes.

Interesting lol

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
Andres wrote:
@farbrorsniff wrote:
Andres wrote:
Strelka 5.5 (1 core) with Deep Rybka 4.1 (6 core), Would you call this a fair match??


As it is for now; yes.

Interesting lol

Meaning?

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
@Andres

Im just wondering. Whats the difference in the point that im trying to make, and what Graham B is doing in the test room:

Harry Schnapp Tribute 4CPU (live broadcast)
Yesterday at 9:33 am by GrahamB

All honour to Graham. Its a splendid tournament with proper participants, and everything is fair. Every engine gets to run on full 4cpu power if the engine can handle it. If not, they run on the one core they`re capable of ( strelka and Komodo).

If I understood you right this is both unfair and also interesting...

Well the word is yours..

Farbror

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
Elite 64-bit 1CPU (live broadcast) wink bigsmile
https://www.chess2u.com/t5807-elite-64-bit-1cpu-live-broadcast

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
jnhes wrote:


Ok, oK. cool

But I was talking about this tournament wink

https://www.chess2u.com/t5891-harry-schnapp-tribute-4cpu-live-broadcast



Farbror

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
@ Andres

Cat got your tounge?


confused rolleyes

smile



Farbror

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
@farbrorsniff wrote:
.........Why do you run Critter (and here Rybka 4.1 I think) one one single core when you can use your 6 cores to get maximum power from these engines?.............


He might be carrying out testing on other cores simultaneously.
On my i5 quad, I run three single core tournaments simultaneously as an example.

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
@farbrorsniff wrote:
@ Andres

Cat got your tounge?

Hehe, I just found your answer funny ...

@farbrorsniff wrote:
Andres wrote:
Strelka 5.5 (1 core) with Deep Rybka 4.1 (6 core), Would you call this a fair match??


As it is for now; yes.

lol

btw, Rybka (100 core) with Critter (6 core), would you call this a fair match?? wink

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
@ Graham
Thx for this information, and I never thought of that before. But I see now that this way to use the cores can be effective to programmers and developers, etc. But I also think that this is not the case here.

@Andres
I dont mind being your clown smile . If the words "As it is for now" makes you laugh, so be it. What I meant was that for now Strelka lovers had to be satisfied with running on 1 core angainst the other muliple core monsters. And when Osipov is finished with the MP-version of Strelka, then we have an even more interesting match.

But English is not my native tounge, thats for sure. But I cant help thinking you are not adressing the question/s I pose to you. If I understand you correct, its "fair" to reduce the number of cores in one engine to match another engine who doesnt handle more than one core. I dont think that is progress. And I dont think that is fair at all. Its unfair to the engine that can handle more cores, like I tried to explain before. If Deep Rybka is set to use 1 core, it is not that very much DEEP anymore. Its rather Shallow, isnt it? Actually what you are doing, is making a handicap-match, or an handicap-tournament. Also I think its misguiding; your post suggests than DEEP Rybka have played. But the only information you gave was the time management :"4+2" for the match. Well, like I said for some time now; its not DEEP RYBKA 4.1 who plays with 1 core. Its Rybka 4.1.

And regarding your last question, whether its fair that Rybka plays with 100 cores aginst Critters 6 cores ... Well, I assume that Critter dont support more than 6 cores then smile . Anyhow. Whats the point in having the gear to supply rybka with 100 cores AND THEN NOT USING IT? Well, well.. I think you would reduce it to, for example 6?

Farbror

descriptionStrelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1 EmptyRe: Strelka 5.5 - Deep Rybka 4.1

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum