Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionGaviota tablebases and Houdini EmptyGaviota tablebases and Houdini

more_horiz
First you download the Gaviota tablebases and store them on your PC - could be anywhere but say for example in: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\ChessBase\EGTBs.

Now load the Houdini engine in Fritz as normal. Next press F3 and select engine parameters. In the engine parameter "GaviotaTbPath" just paste in the path to where your Gaviota tablebases are stored. In this example you paste in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\ChessBase\EGTBs" to the GaviotaTbPath. Then press OK and they will now be loaded. Restart Fritz and now Houdini will use the Gaviota tablebases towards the end game when its search picks up a position in your tablebases.

Hi, I've done as per your instruction but when i restarted FRITZ 12 then the Gaviota tablebases got empty again.i tried many times same results please can you clear it to me thanks.by the way i'm using the free version of houdini 1.5a it's that ok or i have to used the houdini 2 atleast?

descriptionGaviota tablebases and Houdini EmptyRe: Gaviota tablebases and Houdini

more_horiz
Hi when you say "the Gaviota tablebases got empty again" - what exactly do you mean ? Do you mean the EGTBS have disappeared from whereever you stored them on your PC ?? Or are you saying the path that you typed in the Houdini engine parameters has gone ?

descriptionGaviota tablebases and Houdini EmptyRe: Gaviota tablebases and Houdini

more_horiz
@goldminer_999 wrote:
Hi when you say "the Gaviota tablebases got empty again" - what exactly do you mean ? Do you mean the EGTBS have disappeared from whereever you stored them on your PC ?? Or are you saying the path that you typed in the Houdini engine parameters has gone ?

Nope sir,my gaviota tablebases still with my computer,what i'm trying to say is when i PASTE the path in the ENGINE PARAMETERS and then i RESTART the FRITZ 12 GUI then i'm looking back again the PATH was missing/disappeared.it's shows empty again.But when tried 2nd time same steps but I DID'NT RESTART the FRITZ 12 GUI then the Path is still there.i was confused because as u said it should be restart the Fritz gui in order to load the Gaviota tablebases right?but my concerned is if i do the right thing?if i do the right steps or there's missing on my part?i wanted to know also how to check/test if i installed it properly?your help is really appreciated thank you....

more_horiz
@MELSKI1968 wrote:
@goldminer_999 wrote:

Nope sir,my gaviota tablebases still with my computer,what i'm trying to say is when i PASTE the path in the ENGINE PARAMETERS and then i RESTART the FRITZ 12 GUI then i'm looking back again the PATH was missing/disappeared.it's shows empty again.But when tried 2nd time same steps but I DID'NT RESTART the FRITZ 12 GUI then the Path is still there.i was confused because as u said it should be restart the Fritz gui in order to load the Gaviota tablebases right?but my concerned is if i do the right thing?if i do the right steps or there's missing on my part?i wanted to know also how to check/test if i installed it properly?your help is really appreciated thank you....

Hello,

You can save the settings and then reload them when you open ur fritz gui again.
1). Open Fritz GUI and add the path for your egtb folder. Save the settings in a file (thr is an option).
2). When you open your fritz gui again, just browse your settings file and load them else add all settings manually again.

more_horiz
[/quote]
wanted to know also how to check/test if i installed it properly?
[/quote]

Best way to check is to set up a position in Fritz which is covered by one of your 5 man tables eg. KRP-KP. Now with that position on the board - start the engine infinite analysis. If the table bases are working then the engine will not need to "think" or calculate - it will instantly show the evaluation with a # symbol and will not calculate. If the engine starts to calculate then the tablebases are not being read so not installed properly.

more_horiz
@star2check wrote:
@MELSKI1968 wrote:
@goldminer_999 wrote:

Hello,

You can save the settings and then reload them when you open ur fritz gui again.
1). Open Fritz GUI and add the path for your egtb folder. Save the settings in a file (thr is an option).
2). When you open your fritz gui again, just browse your settings file and load them else add all settings manually again.

Sir i got lil bit confused please can you tell me steps by steps i can't understand some technical words.would please give me some info's which i easily be understood in the beginning.thanks for your time and god bless...

more_horiz
smile

Last edited by velmarin on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
@goldminer_999 wrote:

wanted to know also how to check/test if i installed it properly?
[/quote]

Best way to check is to set up a position in Fritz which is covered by one of your 5 man tables eg. KRP-KP. Now with that position on the board - start the engine infinite analysis. If the table bases are working then the engine will not need to "think" or calculate - it will instantly show the evaluation with a # symbol and will not calculate. If the engine starts to calculate then the tablebases are not being read so not installed properly.[/quote]

please can you tell how can i load or how to set up the position as per your example?please steps by steps newbie here thanks

more_horiz
@velmarin wrote:
Gentlemen, I hope will forgive me if I understood well,

And maybe my explanation is not the issue.

When we opened in Fritz options,
we have:
1)Tablebase Gui and 2)tablebase Engines
Gaviota tablebases and Houdini Screen11

Fritz GUI default take the tablebase Nalimov, even if we have marked the option "Load at program start", is loaded at startup,
and very important:

BE VALID FOR ALL ENGINES, OR HAVE NO SUPPORT.

Gaviota tablebases and Houdini Screen12

Here go the tablebases of the engine, for example Gaviota.

Gaviota tablebases and Houdini Screen13

Without being able to say one hundred percent, if the Nalimov are installed and activated on startup Fritz,
All others will be ignored.

I hope I have managed to explain, but I apologize.
regards

you mean i have to do a set-up from TABLEBASES GUI & TABLESBASES ENGINES the same set-up in ENGINE PARAMETERS? im using gaviota tb not the nalimov tb...im asking for help to anyone who could provide a DETAILED EXPLANATIONS not a short cut explanations.thank you...My question is how can I SET-UP GAVIOTA TABLEBASES?WHICH PLACE/PATH to be properly paste in the "ENGINE PARAMETERS OR TABLEBASES GUI OR TABLEBASE ENGINES"???

more_horiz
Hi,

You are getting confused with the advice people are giving you. Let me try to clarify:

For Houdini 1.5 or 1.5a:
You set the Gaviota EGTB files path in the GaviotaTbPath option in the Houdini Engine Parameters - NOT in the Fritz Tablesbase options.

If you want to also use Nalmov EGTBs you set the Nalimov EGTB files path in the Fritz 12 GUI Tablesbases option NOT in the Houdini engine parameters. Just use path 1 for Nalimov EGTB and you do not need path 2.

So for Houdini 1.5 - Gaviota you do in the Houdini engine parameters only. Type in the exact path to where you stored them on your PC. You only use the Fritz GUI to set path to Nalimov EGTBs - not for Gaviota.

For Houdini 2.0 you cannot set the engine parameters so you have to set the path using the Fritz GUI for Nalimov and Gaviota as people have been describing above.

Hope this helps.

more_horiz
" please can you tell how can i load or how to set up the position as per your example?please steps by steps newbie here thanks"

If you have Fritz 8,9,10 or 11 - do file/new/position set up. Do "clear board" then create the position by clicking on the white and black pieces on the side and clicking them onto the board. Then do OK and the position will be in your Fritz board.

If you have Fritz 12 or 13 it is INSERT/POSITION SETUP and then same steps as above.

Hope this helps.

more_horiz
twisted

Last edited by velmarin on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
@goldminer_999 wrote:
Hi,

You are getting confused with the advice people are giving you. Let me try to clarify:

For Houdini 1.5 or 1.5a:
You set the Gaviota EGTB files path in the GaviotaTbPath option in the Houdini Engine Parameters - NOT in the Fritz Tablesbase options.

If you want to also use Nalmov EGTBs you set the Nalimov EGTB files path in the Fritz 12 GUI Tablesbases option NOT in the Houdini engine parameters. Just use path 1 for Nalimov EGTB and you do not need path 2.

So for Houdini 1.5 - Gaviota you do in the Houdini engine parameters only. Type in the exact path to where you stored them on your PC. You only use the Fritz GUI to set path to Nalimov EGTBs - not for Gaviota.

For Houdini 2.0 you cannot set the engine parameters so you have to set the path using the Fritz GUI for Nalimov and Gaviota as people have been describing above.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much GOLDMINER999 for the detailed and specific explanation at least now i know the rules.but there's still running in my mind why the PATH that i input in the ENGINE PARAMETERS was gone when i restart my FRITZ GUI?I Tried it many times i think once you load the installation of Gaviota Tablebases it's should be there even i restart my fritz 12.OR I should do it again to input the path manually to use the Gavoita Tablebases?...this things make me crazy hehehehe....

Last edited by MELSKI1968 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
@goldminer_999 wrote:
" please can you tell how can i load or how to set up the position as per your example?please steps by steps newbie here thanks"

If you have Fritz 8,9,10 or 11 - do file/new/position set up. Do "clear board" then create the position by clicking on the white and black pieces on the side and clicking them onto the board. Then do OK and the position will be in your Fritz board.

If you have Fritz 12 or 13 it is INSERT/POSITION SETUP and then same steps as above.

Hope this helps.

yeah i do it this in my FRITZ 12 but i want to know how to load and try the gaviota tablebases if its i installed it correctly?as your example KRP-KP.GTB HOW the engines RECOGNIZED this how can i input/insert into the SETUP POSITON?THANKS a lot for your time GOLDMINER

more_horiz
MELSKI1968, I moved the posts here (Gaviota tablebases and Houdini).

You can use the .uci file for that

Code:

[ENGINE]
Name=Houdini 1.5a w32
Author=Robert Houdart
Filename=C:\Houdini.exe

[OPTIONS]
GaviotaTbPath= HERE

Engines.UCI (Windows XP):
C:\Documents and Settings\(your Windows user name)\Application Data\ChessBase\Engines.UCI

Engines.UCI (Windows 7):
C:\Users\(your Windows user name)\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.UCI

more_horiz
" yeah i do it this in my FRITZ 12 but i want to know how to load and try the gaviota tablebases if its i installed it correctly?as your example KRP-KP.GTB HOW the engines RECOGNIZED this how can i input/insert into the SETUP POSITON?THANKS a lot for your time GOLDMINER "

Hi this is what I already explained further up. Load the Houdini engine with the Gaviota bases. Now set the 5 man position up using insert/position set up then OK. Now you have the position on the board (eg. KRN-KP). Now from HOME do "infite analysis". If the engine starts to calculate and evaluate the position looking for a move, then the table bases are not working. If the tab;ebases are installed correctly the engine instantly gives the evaluation without calculating and it will show a # symbol with a number against it, which is mate in that many moves - no calculation or searching needed.

more_horiz
Victor wrote:
MELSKI1968, I moved the posts here (Gaviota tablebases and Houdini).

You can use the .uci file for that

Code:

[ENGINE]
Name=Houdini 1.5a w32
Author=Robert Houdart
Filename=C:\Houdini.exe

[OPTIONS]
GaviotaTbPath= HERE

Engines.UCI (Windows XP):
C:\Documents and Settings\(your Windows user name)\Application Data\ChessBase\Engines.UCI

Engines.UCI (Windows 7):
C:\Users\(your Windows user name)\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.UCI

Thanks Victor smile

more_horiz
@goldminer_999 wrote:
" yeah i do it this in my FRITZ 12 but i want to know how to load and try the gaviota tablebases if its i installed it correctly?as your example KRP-KP.GTB HOW the engines RECOGNIZED this how can i input/insert into the SETUP POSITON?THANKS a lot for your time GOLDMINER "

Hi this is what I already explained further up. Load the Houdini engine with the Gaviota bases. Now set the 5 man position up using insert/position set up then OK. Now you have the position on the board (eg. KRN-KP). Now from HOME do "infite analysis". If the engine starts to calculate and evaluate the position looking for a move, then the table bases are not working. If the tab;ebases are installed correctly the engine instantly gives the evaluation without calculating and it will show a # symbol with a number against it, which is mate in that many moves - no calculation or searching needed.

hi,thank you very much indeed Mr:Goldminer_999 i really appreciated your help and efforts for helping me now i fully understood...and pardon for many stupid question i made for you im just a novice i admit it bigsmile and i want to grab this opportunity to ask you one more question.It's is possible to use NALIMOV TB in Houdini 1.5a?or i will stick to GAVIOTA TB?which one is the best suitable for HOUDINI ENGINES?thank you... smile

more_horiz
@goldminer_999 wrote:

i tried now the GAVIOTA TB and it's working fine i set up the insert/position and hit the infinite analysis i got an instant results which show #and the number of moves to mate.thanks dude...your the man....

more_horiz
"It's is possible to use NALIMOV TB in Houdini 1.5a?or i will stick to GAVIOTA TB?which one is the best suitable for HOUDINI ENGINES?thank you..."

Hi - it is possible to use either Nalimov or Gaviota with Houdini. However tests have shown that for the Houdini engine Gaviota is faster than Nalimov so my best advice is to use Gaviota with Houdini as you will get slightly better results.

more_horiz
@goldminer_999 wrote:
"It's is possible to use NALIMOV TB in Houdini 1.5a?or i will stick to GAVIOTA TB?which one is the best suitable for HOUDINI ENGINES?thank you..."

Hi - it is possible to use either Nalimov or Gaviota with Houdini. However tests have shown that for the Houdini engine Gaviota is faster than Nalimov so my best advice is to use Gaviota with Houdini as you will get slightly better results.

thank very much sir for a precious info's.so i will stick with Gaviota tb.God Bless... smile

more_horiz
how to setting for aquarium??????????????

more_horiz
@s1s1 9elap Qu wrote:
how to setting for aquarium??????????????

What setting?

more_horiz
where can i download Gaviota tablebases?????????

more_horiz
@s1s1 9elap Qu wrote:
where can i download Gaviota tablebases?????????

http://www.olympuschess.com/egtb/gaviota/

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum