Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionQuestion about creating good book for houdini 3? EmptyQuestion about creating good book for houdini 3?

more_horiz
So basically what I have on going, I am using houdini3 against various engines on a tournament (houdini3 vs Rybka, Stockfish, ...). I am currently using Arena GUI and the tournament is based on gauntlet mode (If you are familiar to Arena you will know what I mean). Houdini3 will be the main engine to play against all the other engine. My question is, Houdini3 is currently playing 150 games against each of the engine (12 or more). After the tounament finished, I want to make the PGN file to create a book based on the tournament using Arena. Up until now, The tournament had already passed 1000 games, that's mean 90+ against each of the engine. My setting is currently using MrQ3 as opening book to all of the engine. So will I make a good book and also how can I make a good tournament to create a PGN file to convert it to book? I need expert advise on this. TQVM.

I hope I'm in the right section. = =. And last out of section question, why houdini1.5 is much stronger then houdini3? Houdini1.5 is winning 7-3 against Houdini3.

descriptionQuestion about creating good book for houdini 3? EmptyRe: Question about creating good book for houdini 3?

more_horiz

whats the time control for your games?

descriptionQuestion about creating good book for houdini 3? EmptyRe: Question about creating good book for houdini 3?

more_horiz
@Fauzi wrote:

whats the time control for your games?

10 minutes for each game. So is it good?

more_horiz
Or should I not use the opening book file for all the engine?

more_horiz
Another question I want to add, for the tournament setting, for an opening book creating purpose, do I need to make all the moves or I can reduce the move in to 30 or 40? I'm currently using Arena GUI.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum