New Jazz version 721
available from http://www.eglebbk.dds.nl/program/chess-download.html
Evert Glebbeek wrote:
Compared to the previous version (640) this version should be a clear improvement, but that version has unfortunately only played 44 games on the CCRL 40/40 list so there is no clear rating for it (its provisional rating is about 2400).
- Improvements to evaluation of end-game positions
- Improved move ordering during the search
- Depth-dependent null-move reduction factor
- Evaluation hash table
- Eliminate lazy evaluation
- Many enhancements to the commandline interface (see below)
- Addition of a "benchmark" test.
- Better use of compiler intrinsics for bitscan/population count
In addition, there have been a large number of bugfixes. One important bugfix corrects a problem that could casue Jazz to crash when it wanted to ponder but no ponder move was available.
As mentioned, this version includes a "benchmark" command, which can be used to test the correctness of the build as well as the performance. The benchmark signature for this version is 12820210.
The binary downloads were compiled under Linux with gcc (Windows and Linux versions), the OS X version was compiled with Clang and should work on Intel Macs running 10.6 or higher. Note that the provided executable is for Win/XBoard. I can add the UCI version later.