Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Robodini engine

descriptionRobodini engine - Page 2 EmptyRe: Robodini engine

more_horiz
@Richard Vida wrote:
bla bla bla bla .....

"After your and Jury Osipov's reverse engineering of Houdini 1.5 and the production of Strelka 5, there is a strong feeling of "déja vu".

Oddly you failed to mention in your Q&A that for over 18 months you've had access to the RE Houdini 1.5 sources provided by Jury Osipov, and that this most certainly is 100 times more relevant for RE'ing Houdini 3 than your quoting some unknown Robbolito sources...

Based on past experience, let me predict the near future:
1) In a couple of weeks or months you'll release Critter 1.8 or Critter 2.
2) It will feature a nice Elo jump of, say, 40 Elo. You will feign indignation at any suggestion that the Elo jump would be in any way related to the RE of Houdini.
3) In the similarity diagram the new Critter will be very close to Houdini 3, just like Critter 1.4 and 1.6 are indistinguishable from Houdini 1.5 (and Strelka 5). Again you will feign outrage at mentioning this simple fact, claiming that the 99% similarity with Houdini is the result of using identical PST (LOL).
4) Afterwards Critter progress will once again stall... probably until the release of Houdini 4 and subsequent RE.

That's my bet... let's see in a couple of months whether I win it smile.

While RE'ing Houdini seems to you a fun thing to do and has given you some nice forum exposure over the last 18 months, all the evidence suggests that it has killed any originality in chess engine development you previously had. Critter 0.9 was a great engine, unfortunately afterwards you've turned it into a weak Houdini clone.

Robert"

more_horiz
Let's Get This Party Started! cool
https://www.chess2u.com/t6807-robodini-11-vs-houdini-3

more_horiz
Work is good and instructive. Richard Vida easily and pompously showed everyone how to create a "new" engine. Probably wanted to convey to all, not all that glitters is gold.

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:

Robodini 1.1 x64 vs. Houdini 3 Pro x64

Time Control: 3 Minutes
1000 games

Code:

1  Houdini 3 Pro x64    +2  +146/=261/-143 50.27%  276.5/550
2  Robodini 1.1 x64    -2  +143/=261/-146 49.73%  273.5/550

550 out of 1000 games played

more_horiz
Ed Schroder in Talkchess:

From the Wikipedia:

Article 6 of the 1991 EU Computer Programs Directive allows reverse engineering for the purposes of interoperability, but prohibits it for the purposes of creating a competing product, and also prohibits the public release of information obtained through reverse engineering of software.

So Richard as an EU citizen already broke EU law publicing Robodini.

Robert Houdart:

Of course.
Likewise for all the information Richard previously released on this and other forums about the RE of Houdini 1.5.
Likewise for all Critter versions that have appeared after Richard's and Jury Osipov's RE of Houdini 1.5, including OpenCritter 1.1.37, of which can rather easily be demonstrated that it contains numerous elements of Houdini 1.5 that could only have been obtained by RE.

Furthermore it is mind-boggling that the discussion of the RE results of Houdini (or of any other engine, for that matter) is not only allowed on this forum, but often even encouraged and applauded. See the adjacent thread where, once again, several people including Larry Kaufman push Richard to discuss openly the findings of the RE of Houdini 3.

If ever it comes to it, this forum will be a goldmine for providing proof of misbehavior. A bon entendeur, salut!

more_horiz
do not try to curb the creativity of Man with threats or laws

more_horiz
bagaimana cara mendownload engine robodini

more_horiz
@kiro wrote:
do not try to curb the creativity of Man with threats or laws

May I suggest you take a look at this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

Enjoy wink

more_horiz
Robodini engine - Page 2 Test11

more_horiz
Hi,
Can someone post a download link please !?
Thanks in advance.

more_horiz
@Martin Zengovski wrote:
Hi,
Thanks in advance.

We're not allowing a download link. Sorry.

There will be an immediate ban for anybody else posting a download link for this engine against the wishes of the board owner and moderators.

more_horiz
@Martin Zengovski wrote:
Hi,
Thanks in advance.

Take a look at this post:
https://www.chess2u.com/t6799p15-robodini-engine#40806

descriptionRobodini engine - Page 2 EmptyI wonder

more_horiz
Dear Graham: with all my respects, I wonder which law and and what country laws are violating these kind of suspected engines.... First of all i wil tell u that i admire Robert Houdart and his HOUDINI®.
I wonder who is Don to tell that an eng is fake....
I wonder if the laws prohibits that a loyal development can be done from any other eng....i mean cant i improve it? Is it against the law? At most u should tell the author to name it with the original one and add "improved" by.xxxxx.... But it is unfair to ban a job that u dont even know yet if it is original or no, i mean, first, u should do the research and gather all the information to support your decisions....Otherwise it will be a prejuice.....
I wonder , just like an example, if when Ford invented the car, the other makes were banned (merccedez benz, BMW, all japanese, etc).
The world is always evolving based upon the previous knowledge.
U cant stop the light by the hand.....
On bahalf of LIBERTY and NO PRIOR CENSURE.
My respects,
Dr Wesler

@Graham Banks wrote:
Houdini 3 is a commercial engine.
Despite the differing sizes of the exe files, it would appear from Don's comments that Robodini is pretty much an out and out clone.

However, I'll try to gather more information on the issue.
If the situation changes, I'll let you know. In the meantime, please respect the decision.

Thanks,
Graham.

more_horiz
@chesstango wrote:
Dear Graham: with all my respects, I wonder which law and and what country laws are violating these kind of suspected engines.... First of all i wil tell u that i admire Robert Houdart and his HOUDINI®.
I wonder who is Don to tell that an eng is fake....
I wonder if the laws prohibits that a loyal development can be done from any other eng....i mean cant i improve it? Is it against the law? At most u should tell the author to name it with the original one and add "improved" by.xxxxx.... But it is unfair to ban a job that u dont even know yet if it is original or no, i mean, first, u should do the research and gather all the information to support your decisions....Otherwise it will be a prejuice.....
I wonder , just like an example, if when Ford invented the car, the other makes were banned (merccedez benz, BMW, all japanese, etc).
The world is always evolving based upon the previous knowledge.
U cant stop the light by the hand.....
On bahalf of LIBERTY and NO PRIOR CENSURE.
My respects,
Dr Wesler

@Graham Banks wrote:
Houdini 3 is a commercial engine.
Despite the differing sizes of the exe files, it would appear from Don's comments that Robodini is pretty much an out and out clone.

However, I'll try to gather more information on the issue.
If the situation changes, I'll let you know. In the meantime, please respect the decision.

Thanks,
Graham.

+1

more_horiz
Robodini should never have happened.

It was a foolish thing for Richard Vida (Critter author) to do.
He has expressed regret and the threat of possible legal action against him has been brought up.

If you have any respect at all for Richard (which I'm sure that most of you do), then it's best to let the matter die quietly.

No further discussion will be entered into.

descriptionRobodini engine - Page 2 EmptyLets it die quietly....

more_horiz
All my respects to my friend Mr Robert Houdart, the author of HOUDINI ®, and I understand the situation that has become.... And also my respects to you, dear Graham for being so kind with me for explaining me the details.
That's it for me.
My kindest regards.
Dr Wesler

@Graham Banks wrote:

He has expressed regret and the threat of possible legal action against him has been brought up.

If you have any respect at all for Richard (which I'm sure that most of you do), then it's best to let the matter die quietly.

more_horiz
@Graham Banks wrote:

Deleted

more_horiz
[Locked Topic]

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum