Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Firenzina

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:




can we have a 32 bit version of the engine???





Yes!!! I released it today at http://dgusev.cs.edinboro.edu/GameDev/Chess/firenzina.html . The 32-bit binary archive can be downloaded directly from http://dgusev.cs.edinboro.edu/GameDev/Chess/Firenzina_2-2-2_xTreme_x32.zip . It took a week of testing, yet please let me know if any problems surface, and I will address them as quickly as possible.

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
we, the enthusiasts, thank you for the 32 bit version of the engine!!!
this is a fabulous engine and
I am about to run the engine test of this 32 bit version


I'll run 1000 matches and if problems arise, I'll post it


and I'll post the test result soon!

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
http://dgusev.cs.edinboro.edu/GameDev/Chess/Firenzina_2-2-2_xTreme_x32.zip

the 32 bit version from this link doesn't work

that version looks like a 64 bit version...

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:
http://dgusev.cs.edinboro.edu/GameDev/Chess/Firenzina_2-2-2_xTreme_x32.zip

the 32 bit version from this link doesn't work

that version looks like a 64 bit version...

thorhammer,

It looks like those executables were with hard popcnt. I ran them on my 32-bit Windows computer, but its does support popcnt. I had another set made, definitely no-popcnt, and now added to the same archive. Please try again! The link is the same, but the archive has three more compiles, hopefully you will be able to run at least one of those.

Best regards,
Yuri

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz



appreciate so much!

but I can't run all of the 6 32-bit compiles...


descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
hi folks ... I wonder if there will be a copilation farenzina 2.2.2x64 with popcnt or SSE4.2 for AMD, ... precessadores amd we suffer with the lack of copilation. best

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:



appreciate so much!

but I can't run all of the 6 32-bit compiles...



Which ones can you run? Out of those, I'd select the one with the maximum features for testing.

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@mcdiniz wrote:
hi folks ... I wonder if there will be a copilation farenzina 2.2.2x64 with popcnt or SSE4.2 for AMD, ... precessadores amd we suffer with the lack of copilation. best

Wikipedia tells me, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE4 "SSE4 (Streaming SIMD Extensions 4) is a CPU instruction set used in the Intel Core microarchitecture and AMD K10 (K8L)."

I figure, yours is one of those AMDs. Won't it just run the existing sse4-2 Firenzina compile?

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@Yuri Censor wrote:
@thorhammer wrote:



appreciate so much!

but I can't run all of the 6 32-bit compiles...



Which ones can you run? Out of those, I'd select the one with the maximum features for testing.



I tried all 6 compiles, but none of which works on my 32 bit computer with AMD CPU...

maybe the 32 bit computer needs another compile...





descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:
@Yuri Censor wrote:
@thorhammer wrote:



appreciate so much!

but I can't run all of the 6 32-bit compiles...



Which ones can you run? Out of those, I'd select the one with the maximum features for testing.



I tried all 6 compiles, but none of which works on my 32 bit computer with AMD CPU...

maybe the 32 bit computer needs another compile...






sad I will look into it right away. I tested on a 32-bit triple-core AMD Phenom-X3 running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have an older 32-bit dual-core AMD AthlonX2 running Windows XP. I will try to use it.

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
I appreciate a lot!

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
when the 32 bit version (for older CPUs) is available for us, I'll run the engine matches!

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:
when the 32 bit version (for older CPUs) is available for us, I'll run the engine matches!


thorhammer,
This one should work for you: http://dgusev.cs.edinboro.edu/GameDev/Chess/Firenzina_2-2-2_xTreme_generic_x32.zip . I tested it on my 2007 32-bit dual-core AMD Athlon-X2 running Windows XP SP 3, and it works there. Enjoy!
I have also re-tested the previous 32-bit compiles, and all 6 of them still work okay on my 32-bit three-core AMD Phenom-X3 running Windows 7 Ultimate.
Best regards,
Yuri

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@Yuri Censor wrote:
@thorhammer wrote:
when the 32 bit version (for older CPUs) is available for us, I'll run the engine matches!


thorhammer,
This one should work for you: http://dgusev.cs.edinboro.edu/GameDev/Chess/Firenzina_2-2-2_xTreme_generic_x32.zip . I tested it on my 2007 32-bit dual-core AMD Athlon-X2 running Windows XP SP 3, and it works there. Enjoy!
I have also re-tested the previous 32-bit compiles, and all 6 of them still work okay on my 32-bit three-core AMD Phenom-X3 running Windows 7 Ultimate.
Best regards,
Yuri



yes!
this generic version works!
thank you very much
and the 1000 matches between houdini and this version are started!
best regards

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:
@Yuri Censor wrote:
@thorhammer wrote:
when the 32 bit version (for older CPUs) is available for us, I'll run the engine matches!


thorhammer,
This one should work for you: http://dgusev.cs.edinboro.edu/GameDev/Chess/Firenzina_2-2-2_xTreme_generic_x32.zip . I tested it on my 2007 32-bit dual-core AMD Athlon-X2 running Windows XP SP 3, and it works there. Enjoy!
I have also re-tested the previous 32-bit compiles, and all 6 of them still work okay on my 32-bit three-core AMD Phenom-X3 running Windows 7 Ultimate.
Best regards,
Yuri



yes!
this generic version works!
thank you very much
and the 1000 matches between houdini and this version are started!
best regards

Thanks! I don't even have Houdini 3, assuming that this is the one that you're running. (I have Houdini 2 and the free Houdini 1.5.) Given that even the stronger Firenzina compiles are only somewhere near Stockfish (on this or that side of it), I safely predict that Houdini will destroy the generic compile with ease. Still, it's good to learn the margin. Houdini is a major breakthrough, but it may be depressing open-source development at present.

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
the 1000 matches between

Houdini 3 Pro w32
Firenzina 2.2.2

are finished!!!


the initial test result is not accurate

the final test result after 1000 matches is good and
I'll post the result!!!

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:
the 1000 matches between

Houdini 3 Pro w32
Firenzina 2.2.2

are finished!!!


the initial test result is not accurate

the final test result after 1000 matches is good and
I'll post the result!!!

what time control are you using?

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
the time control is blitz

and the 1000 matches are done on many computers
in order to finish the 1000 matches fast

Last edited by thorhammer on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz



https://www.chess2u.com/t6930p15-100-of-world-s-best-engines-matches-100-best-engines






the test result is here!!!

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:

Thank you very much, thorhammer! This is a very good result for the plain vanilla compile. Its performance is comparable to a number of earlier Fire "Traps". In Firenzina, no attempt has been made to improve performance for the 32-bit platform as far as the code was concerned. And the compile tested here could not benefit from modern compiler optimizations, either. The goal at this stage of the project was to establish a baseline, find out where the product can be placed BEFORE any substantial changes are made to its code base. Your test helped!
Best regards,
Yuri

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
I think fire and firebird have been two of the most favorite engines among so many people
and this Firenzina 32 bit version is a fascinating engine!!!
many fire enthusiasts will be delighted!!! smile

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:
I think fire and firebird have been two of the most favorite engines among so many people
and this Firenzina 32 bit version is a fascinating engine!!!
many fire enthusiasts will be delighted!!! smile

thorhammer,
Thank you for the good words! Even though I learned that Norman Schmidt definitely had his reasons to stop open-source development of Fire, that doesn't mean that the Fire lineage has to die. I hope to show that an open-source project THAT good can become undead evil and then alive think. Now I am cautiously optimistic.

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyFirenzina 2.3.1 xTreme

more_horiz
@Yuri Censor wrote:
@thorhammer wrote:
I think fire and firebird have been two of the most favorite engines among so many people
and this Firenzina 32 bit version is a fascinating engine!!!
many fire enthusiasts will be delighted!!! smile

thorhammer,
Thank you for the good words! Even though I learned that Norman Schmidt definitely had his reasons to stop open-source development of Fire, that doesn't mean that the Fire lineage has to die. I hope to show that an open-source project THAT good can become undead evil and then alive think. Now I am cautiously optimistic.

Sources of Firenzina 2.3.1 xTreme, a clone of Fire, are now available at the Firenzina GitHub . Several Windows compiles have been uploaded to Firenzina's home at Wikispaces . This version is Linux-compatible, but "factory" Linux compiles are yet to come.

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
Can someone make a compile of it? Windows 7 64-bit.

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:
Can someone make a compile of it? Windows 7 64-bit.

Assuming your computer is AMD, try Velmarin's compile , otherwise (Intel) at least one of mine will run.

descriptionFirenzina - Page 2 EmptyRe: Firenzina

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum