Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionFirenzina vs. Fire EmptyFirenzina vs. Fire

more_horiz

Code:

1  Fire 2.2 xTreme x64          +7  +28/=148/-24 51.00%  102.0/200
2  Firenzina 2.2.2 xTreme x64    -7  +24/=148/-28 49.00%  98.0/200

Time Control: 3 Minutes
PGN: depositfiles.com amg0s21w5

descriptionFirenzina vs. Fire EmptyRe: Firenzina vs. Fire

more_horiz
Firenzia scored only 35% against Houdini/Rybka/Critter (8 wins 32 losses, no wins vs Houdini)

So early polls suggest it isn't stronger than Fire 2.2 xTreme

descriptionFirenzina vs. Fire Emptyfirenzina vs stockfish

more_horiz
I played a 20 game blitz tournament with firezina and stockfish and as i was watching the games,firezina was winning most games only to lose them because of time.how do you give the engine more time during a game?

more_horiz
@leslieshamel wrote:
I played a 20 game blitz tournament with firezina and stockfish and as i was watching the games,firezina was winning most games only to lose them because of time.how do you give the engine more time during a game?

Please make sure that you're running the "right" compile, otherwise you won't get a proper one-to-one comparison. Also, please make sure that the number of threads is set to be the same for both engines. For Firenzina, Max_Threads limits the number of threads. (Otherwise, it's double the number of the CPUs, which is unlikely the best choice. It's set that way merely to increase configurability and be able to investigate the impact of using more threads.) My compiles are available at http://dgusev.cs.edinboro.edu/GameDev/Chess/firenzina.html

descriptionFirenzina vs. Fire EmptyFirenzinaXtreme 2.4.2

more_horiz
Latest version of this engine is really strong at least in 1 minute games! 64 engine match 32000+ games but at the quarter of the match it is only behind Houdini 3, Stockfish RW, Stockfish 5 and Samsung but ahead of Komodo 7a, Equinox 2.02,Bouquet 7, Robodini, Mars1.91, Critter 1.6a, Gull 3 and I think my point is made at least for 1 minute TC's IT IS VERY STRONG! clap 

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum