Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionPoisoned Arrows 3x.ctg EmptyPoisoned Arrows 3x.ctg

more_horiz
Poisoned Arrows 3x.ctg

Optimize 0-100

4shared.com/archive/x5mnz2yX/PoisonedArrows3x.html

descriptionPoisoned Arrows 3x.ctg EmptyRe: Poisoned Arrows 3x.ctg

more_horiz
thumb up

more_horiz
thanks to Predator75 for this book.
Susan thumb up

more_horiz
oops, sorry Predator78

more_horiz
very weak book..

more_horiz
weak agree

more_horiz
I have not tested and I can't see tests anywhere.
The predecessor Poisend Arrow 2x is still strong

more_horiz
why is this book so big?

more_horiz
VocalTechnique wrote:
why is this book so big?

The ctg file is massive (4Gb). This is a huge size for a ctg book. Even reference type openings books that are meant to cover all possible openings and not for engine play are never this big and don't need to be. I compared Poisoned Arrows 2 and Poisoned Arrows 3 to see why such a big increase. PA 2 was made from 110,492 games whereas PA3 has been made from 678,960 games. So basically the author (or someone else) has taken PA2 and added about half a million games. As the book goes about 42 moves deep, this huge number of added games would explain the massive file size.

I have had a quick through and the hand tuning/move colouring/move weightings of PA3 look very similiar to PA2 so I don't think there has been much extra tuning done here - mainly taken PA2 and added in a shed load of games which has changed the statistics slightly but not much. Doing this actually does not add anything to the strength or performance book cos it has been tuned to play only a very limited number of lines (as white it will only play 1.e4 and in response as black is tuned to respond along B90 line). so as its only playing a narrow range of lines then it doesn't matter if it has been made from 100 thousand or 100 million games - it will still play the same moves in the same lines.

more_horiz
Pity that the book is too weak. It is not competitive to other strong opening books.
Susan

more_horiz
thank you goldminer

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum