Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionWSCE Season 4 - WORLD'S STRONGEST COMMERCIAL ENGINES EmptyWSCE Season 4 - WORLD'S STRONGEST COMMERCIAL ENGINES

more_horiz
Which is the best engine for your money?

And if you can't afford Houdini, what's the best "affordable" engine? biggrin

Stay tuned for the lineup & start date.

Progress: *Installing engines and preparing basic tests*

descriptionWSCE Season 4 - WORLD'S STRONGEST COMMERCIAL ENGINES EmptyRe: WSCE Season 4 - WORLD'S STRONGEST COMMERCIAL ENGINES

more_horiz
what time control are you using?

descriptionWSCE Season 4 - WORLD'S STRONGEST COMMERCIAL ENGINES EmptyRe: WSCE Season 4 - WORLD'S STRONGEST COMMERCIAL ENGINES

more_horiz
Time Control will be G/30 + 5. Details to be posted here & on my blog, ultracastle00.blogspot.com I plan on using the Fritz 13 GUI this time around.

Progress: Completing testing, and overreacting to a 14-move draw between Fritz amd Zappa

The line involves Nf3 c5 Rb1 O-O Be2 Nc6 in the grunfeld. The main line is d5 of course, but Be3 causes engines to take a draw with Qa5+

Theres also the other 2 main lines, cxd4 and b6 besides Nc6, so I may have to add those into the book.

Last edited by Castle00 on Sun May 26, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
@Castle00 wrote:
Which is the best engine for your money?

Komodo 6 MP razz cool

more_horiz
You'd be surprised once I post the lineup (and how much each engine could cost)

more_horiz
ENGINE LINEUPS

ELO Engine
3346 Houdini 3 64-bit 4CPU
3246 Rybka 4.1 64-bit 4CPU
3201 Komodo CCT 64-bit
3201 Vitruvius 1.19 64-bit 4CPU
3152 Naum 4.2 64-bit 4CPU
3146 Hiarcs 14 4CPU
3141 Chiron 1.5a 64-bit 4CPU
3125 Deep Fritz 13 4CPU
3116 Deep Junior 13 64-bit 4CPU
3093 Deep Shredder 12 64-bit OA On 4CPU
3047 Zappa Mexico II 64-bit 4CPU
3015 Deep Sjeng c't 2010

Retired engines are no longer being commercially sold at their official websites.

SETUPS

DEEP FRITZ 13 GUI
DOUBLE ROUND ROBIN
TIME CONTROL: G/30 + 5
4CPU, MAX 2GB HASH
3-4-5 GAVIOTA/NALIMOV EGTB’S
WSCE SEASON 4 BOOK (small).ctg
LIMITED BROADCAST AVAILABLE (see ultracastle00.blogspot.com)

EVENT IS UNDERWAY

Last edited by Castle00 on Mon May 27, 2013 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
LIMITED LIVE BROADCASTING AVAILABLE AT

https://www.freescreensharing.com/meetings/212-882-014

Simply enter a name & e-mail to join. PLEASE don't use the phone (I'll hang up) lol

more_horiz
This just in, Komodo CCT beats Houdini! As white, it outplayed the world's #1 engine in Karpov's favorite line of the Nimzo Indian.

Vitruvius leading with 3.0 out of 4, with many engines at 2.5

more_horiz
AFTER 6 OF 22 ROUNDS

4.0/6 Komodo CCT
4.0/6 Houdini 3
4.0/6 Vitruvius 1.19
4.0/6 Deep Rybka 4.1

3.5/6 Naum 4.2
3.5/6 Hiarcs WCSC 2011
3.0/6 Chiron 1.5
3.0/6 Zappa Mexico II
2.5/6 Deep Sjeng CT 2010
1.5/6 Deep Fritz 13
1/5/6 Deep Shredder 12
1/5/6 Deep Junior 13.3

*sigh* Remember the time.........

When Fritz, Junior, Shredder & Hiarcs dominated the computer chess scene?

more_horiz
Houdini vs Komodo CCT in progress.

Houdini won sad

more_horiz
@Castle00 wrote:
Houdini won sad

.... as usual. bigsmile
Thanks for the tournament Castle00. clap

more_horiz
After 11 of 22 Rounds

8.0 Komodo CCT
7.5 Houdini 3
7.0 Deep Rybka 4.1

6.5 Naum 4.2
6.5 Vitruvius 1.19
6.0 Chiron 1.5
5.5 Hiarcs 14 WCSC 2011
5.0 Zappa Mexico II
4.0 Deep Fritz 13
3.5 Deep Shredder 12
3.5 Deep Sjeng CT 2010
3.0 Deep Junior 13.3

Crosstable is up on my blogpage ultracastle00.blogspot.com

more_horiz
The tournament has finished and Houdini/Deep Rybka are now in a G/5 + 3 playoff to determine the winner.

Final results to be posted later today.

more_horiz
what about the games Castle?

more_horiz
@Fauzi wrote:
what about the games Castle?

+1

more_horiz
The PGN file will be available. There were no mess-ups this time.

more_horiz
HOUDINI WINS WSCE WORLD'S STRONGEST COMMERCIAL ENGINES IN OVERTIME!!!

FINAL RESULTS

15.5 Houdini 3 Pro
15.5 Deep Rybka 4.1
14.0 Komodo CCT

13.0 Vitruvius 1.19
13.0 Chiron 1.5
11.0 Zappa Mexico II
11.0 Naum 4.2
10.5 Deep Fritz 13
10.0 Deep Hiarcs WCSC 2011
6.5 Deep Junior 13.3
6.0 Deep Sjeng CT 2010
6.0 Deep Shredder 12

Crosstable available at my blogpage, ultracastle00.blogspot.com

Rybka won its last 2 games to pull ahead of Houdini, but Houdini beat Sjeng in the last round to force a G/5 + 3 playoff. After 8 games, Houdini won in Sudden Death.

Komodo had a fantastic result, but had it not suffered a shocking defeat to Deep Fritz, the engine might have had a shot at first place.

Naum, after a fantastic first half, could not keep up and suffered several losses to finish with an even score.

I'll have the PGN files ready for submission for this event, plus the PGN files from the freeware competition, as well as a makeshift file for the 50 lost games.

more_horiz
Quick update for you guys....

The next tournament wont be starting for some time.  I have to deal with important things. (Aka get a job)

Also, this is off-topic but, I need to sell some of my chess equipment.  Also, I have video games and poker chips to get rid of too.

Send me a pm if you wish to help out.

more_horiz
An update for you guys regarding Season 4

The Derivative Engines Championship will be next, probably followed by the Original engines competition.

There will also be the Supertournament and Season 4 Championship

The Swiss, Knockout, and Olympiad I am not currently planning.  I need to find a job before devoting more time for this engine project.  The perils of being an amateur tester sad

The PGN Files I promised to be released will be released.  I dont know how to to attach fikes on Chess2u.  Only on the CCRL site.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum