Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

WSCE - World's Strongest Derivative Engines

descriptionWSCE - World's Strongest Derivative Engines EmptyWSCE - World's Strongest Derivative Engines

more_horiz
There's a looooooooooong list of Derivatives/Clones I have to sort through.

In the end, only 12 Derivatives will be playing.

First off, Houdini, Critter, Rybka wont be playing even if they're considered by some to be derivatives.

Direct clones of other programs also will likely not be among the 12 participants.  Examples are ComStock, Ryanfish, and Tactico.

If anyone here knows of any string, but unknown derivatives I may be missing, let me know so I can look at it.

descriptionWSCE - World's Strongest Derivative Engines EmptyRe: WSCE - World's Strongest Derivative Engines

more_horiz
Hi, can you show this list?

descriptionWSCE - World's Strongest Derivative Engines EmptyRe: WSCE - World's Strongest Derivative Engines

more_horiz
The list of derivatives/clones I am currently looking at are

Ryanfish1, ComStock3, Iggorit, Firenzina, Robbolito, IvanHoe, Strelka, LEOpard, Tactico Power, Bouquet, Vitruvius, PanChess, DeepSaros, Sting SF, Ippolit, Akkad, Gull, BlackMamba, Tankist, DamirsPositionalPlayer, and Robodini.

My primary concern is that the majority of these engines are derivatives of IvanHoe. Obsoleted derivatives include Fire xTreme and DamirsRybkaKiller.

Let me know of other derivatives as strong as these.

more_horiz
maybe in hall of shame of that website
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_%28software%29

I do not know, but here are some links to chess engine

http://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Engines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Chess_engines
http://sourceforge.net/directory/?q=chess%20engine
https://github.com/search?q=chess+engine

Not easy to know which is original and which is derived because it does not shout over the rooftops

The witch hunt is open

more_horiz
Here's one slight issue I need to take care of.

These engines are currently considered, to me, as clones

Tactico Power/Olmos (Clone of Houdini 1.03a)
ComStock 3 (Clone of Stockfish 3 with RobboBases)
Ryanfish1 (Clone of Stockfish 2.1.1)
Robodini 1.1 (Clone of Houdini 3 with ippolit codes)
Crab PGO (Possible clone of Stockfish 1.9.1)

All I simply need is your feedback in whether these engines should play in the derivatives event. PLEASE send a PM with your opinions. I don't want this to escalate into another ippolit topic.

more_horiz
Tactico Power/Olmos (Clone of Houdini 1.03a)
Absolutely useless, only the name will change a HEX editor, total fraud. Equal bytes.
The author continually try to deceive,
there was even a commercial attempt in forum missing....

ComStock 3 (Clone of Stockfish 3 with RobboBases)
Stockfish is open source, Comstock is published program sources, completely legal, with licency GPL.

Ryanfish1 (Clone of Stockfish 2.1.1)
Ryanfish1 is open source, Ryanfish1 is published program sources, completely legal, with licency GPL. Many different ideas in the code.
Author Ryan Tacker  is project Stockfish partner, is a branch the Stockfish

Robodini 1.1 (Clone of Houdini 3 with ippolit codes)
This product must've never seen the light, totally illegal, the author withdrew the links, ethically wrong.

Crab, not idea.

more_horiz
If Ryanfish has enough changes/differences compared to stockfish 2.1.1, I can incude this engine.  

Last word I heard of ComStock 3 is that it's 99.99% Stockfish 3.

I currently see no reason to include Tactico or Robodini.  Crab might not be strong enough to be added.

EDIT: I forgot of a new version of Ippolit 0.80, which supports SMP. (Ippolit II)

Last edited by Castle00 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Yes, ComStock is codes three weeks after Stockfish 3 Fixed a bug.
If you no put Robbobases, no difference.
(compilation I made it, I say it is safe).

Ryanfish
(compilation I made it, order by http://computer-chess.org/).

Crab: From what I read here quite legally:
http://www.open-chess.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54

more_horiz
I am about to finalize the lineup.  I still have one minor question

IvanHoe or PanChess?????

PanChess 00.400 is based on IvanHoe 46h, recently tested on Chessowl.
It was +51 over 00.250, more importantly +13 over Ivanhoe 46h itself!

UPDATE. Unclear on what GUI I will use right now. Fritz appears to be out of the question. Also LEOpard has an issue on SMP. I cant find a way to restrict it to 4 threads. Ippolit2 0.90 has a problem. With SMP as well.

more_horiz
Here is the near-final lineup

Ratings are taken from chessowl.blogspot.com

(3091) Ryanfish 1
(3075) Iggorit 0.086v9
(3072) Firenzina 2.3.1 xTreme
(3070) Robbolito 0.21Q
(3070) PanChess 00.437
(3057) IvanHoe 1945a
(3056) Gull 2.1
(3051) Strelka 5.5
(3035) Bouquet 1.6
(3028) Vitruvius 1.19
(2989) Ippolit 0.80b
(2984) Sting SF 3
(2937) BlackMamba 1.4
(2900) DamirsPositionalPlayer04

Notes

Due to a bug, Vitruvius will be running on 3CPU instead of 4.
Newer versions of PanChess, Ippolit, and Strelka won't be playing for various reasons.

Format

Deep Fritz 13 GUI
Double Round-Robin
Time Control G/45 + 5
NO Robbo/Triplebases
4CPU engines have 2GB hash, 1CPU has 1GB hash
WSCE Season 4 opening book (Note: I will add the Marshall Gambit as an opening line)

Now we will get to see which of the derivatives stand out!

more_horiz
please post your games...

more_horiz
still no games even for the last tournament ... no comment

more_horiz
UPDATE 7/2/13.  THE TOURNAMENT HAS RESTARTED.

Several games were terminated at around move 136-137, which may be a bug associated with the GUI 255-move limit. I will now set it to 999.  Also, Ryanfish lost a game on time.

more_horiz
After 5 Rounds

3.5 Vitruvius 1.19
3.0 Panchess 0.437
3.0 DamirsPositionalPlayer04
3.0 Ryanfish 1

2.5 Iggorit 0.086v9
2.5 Firenzina 2.3.1
2.5 Gull 2.1
2.5 IvanHoe 1945a
2.5 Strelka 5.5
2.5 Ippolit 0.80b3
2.0 Robbolito 0.21Q
2.0 Sting SF 3
2.0 Bouquet 1.6
1.5 BlackMamba 1.4

Only 8 wins out of 35 games, all 8 with white!

more_horiz
After 10 Rounds

6.0 Vitruvius 1.19
5.5 PanChess 0.437
5.5 Firenzina 2.3.1
5.5 Sting SF 3

5.0 DamirsPositionalPlayer04
5.0 Robbolito 0.21Q
5.0 Ivanhoe 1945a
5.0 Strelka 5.5
5.0 RyanFish 1
5.0 Gull 2.1
5.0 Igorrit 0.086v9
4.5 Bouquet 1.6
4.5 Ippolit 0.080b3
3.5 BlackMamba 1.4

Notable games include Gull beating IvanHoe, and Sting losing to Ippolit, but beating RyanFish.  Only 17 out of 70 games were decisive.

Last edited by Castle00 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
The world's most boring tournament continues its blizzard of draws.

After 15 Rounds

9.0 PanChess 00.437
8.5 RobboLito 0.21Q
8.5 Firenzina 2.3.1 xTreme
8.5 RyanFish 1

8.0 Sting SF 3
8.0 Ivanhoe 1945a
8.0 Igorrit 0.086v8
7.5 Vitruvius 1.19 (3 CPU)
7.0 Bouquet 1.6
7.0 Gull 2.1
6.5 Ippolit 0.080b3
6.5 Strelka 5.5
6.5 DamirsPositionalPlayer04
5.5 BlackMamba 1.4

Probably the only things of interest are PanChess and Firenzina being undefeated, and BlackMamba scoring its first victory.

more_horiz
Down the stretch they come! I almost fell asleep in writing this. This tournament just isn't exciting for me.

After 20 of 26 Rounds

11.5 PanChess 00.437
11.5 RobboLito 0.21Q

11.0 Sting SF 3
11.0 Igorrit 0.086v9
11.0 RyanFish 1
10.5 Firenzina 2.3.1 xTreme
10.0 Bouquet 1.6
10.0 IvanHoe 1945a
10.0 Vitruvius 1.19
10.0 Gull 2.1
9.0 Strelka 5.5
8.5 DamirsPositionalPlayer04
8.5 BlackMamba 1.4
7.5 Ippolit 0.080b3

All of the 1-core engines are in the bottom 4. BlackMamba UPSET Firenzina giving it its first loss. PanChess remains undefeated.

more_horiz
@Castle00 wrote:
Down the stretch they come!  I almost fell asleep in writing this.  This tournament just isn't exciting for me.

Exactly how I feel about Division 1 of my Amateur Series tournaments. sad 

more_horiz
Is it because half the field are non-original or derivative engines?

more_horiz
@Castle00 wrote:

Strelka 5.5 64-bit
Stockfish 3 64-bit
Critter 1.6a 64-bit
Ivanhoe 9.46h 64-bit
Bouquet 1.6 64-bit
RobboLito 0.21Q 64-bit
Gull 2.1 64-bit
Deep Saros 3.3b 64-bit
Sting SF 3 64-bit
BlackMamba 1.4 64-bit
Protector 1.5.0 64-bit
Booot 5.2.0 64-bit

more_horiz
@Castle00 wrote:

At least one should be the original of which was derived.
Ippolit 0.080b3

Who are we to deny the originality. idea 
But it is an outdated theme.
Best not to talk.
simply chess. think

more_horiz
There was a newer Ippolit, of course but it is unstable. I couldnt include it.

more_horiz
An update on Season 4 as this tournament comes to a close

I will be planning the third Supertournament and the Season 4 championship. No timetable for either tournament because of other priorities.

I highly doubt I will be running an engine olympiad this year. As I said, if anyone here is interested in running it, let me know because I have most of the information.

more_horiz
Update: RYANFISH WINS THE TOURNAMEMT WITH 1 ROUND TO GO! STING GETS AT LEAST A TIE FOR SECOND

more_horiz
I guess I'll have some time to work on the opening book. I'll see if I can add some gambit lines.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum