Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionWinboard Zeta Pack and GNU GPL violation EmptyWinboard Zeta Pack and GNU GPL violation

more_horiz
Winboard Zeta Pack and GNU GPL violation

I react by interposed forum, on a topic that has started ->> http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?start=0&t=48965&topic_view=flat

Needless to present WinBoard and WinBoard zeta hispanic pack because everyone here knows.

Winboard Zeta Pack and GNU GPL violation 220px-GPLv3_Logo.svg

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.en.html

First, I want to say that I am 100% agree with HG Muller and his opponent is a bad faith immeasurable. Because:
1. H.G Muller is an active member of the GNU XBoard project.
2. it is one of if not the only one to maintain WinBoard branch.
3. there is no secret to the source code. Everyone has access to the source code. Simply googling "WinBoard source repository" or "xboards source repository"

Now talking about the pack WB Zeta:
1. For months or years already that the package exists.
2. Never, never have I seen mentioned the license, not once there was attached the license, the source code or a link to the source code. Knowing that the compressed source code does not exceed a few KB pack while it weighs ~ 180 MB compressed. This shows the bad faith of the character.
3. You can google "WinBoard zeta source code" you will not find anything conclusive.

Briefly, attach the license and the source code is the honest ways to keep the project alive, to contribute to its development, respect and reward the founder and contributors to this project, and finally respect the license. All this to the satisfaction of end users.

descriptionWinboard Zeta Pack and GNU GPL violation EmptyRe: Winboard Zeta Pack and GNU GPL violation

more_horiz
If you read all thread; Winboard Zeta is not available more.

Therefore your topic is meaningless.

If you are congruent with your words you must erase anything content of Winboard Zeta of your computer because as you said is illegal.

Will you do it?

descriptionWinboard Zeta Pack and GNU GPL violation EmptyRe: Winboard Zeta Pack and GNU GPL violation

more_horiz
And here again the same strategy as in the other thread. A desperate attempt to make us look away and blame another.
All this by diverting the truth and lies added.

@AGu wrote:

If you are congruent with your words you must erase anything content of Winboard Zeta of your computer because as you said is illegal.

Where did you see the word illegal? The offending issue is not me but you who again, trying to stifle the truth.

What is illegal is that you steal the source code for your own purpose. And consequently, you turn away thousands of users from WinBoard project.

@AGu wrote:

Will you do it?

And you? how do you repair the damage already done?

@AGu wrote:

Therefore your topic is meaningless.

It is you who're totally meaningless.

more_horiz

What is illegal is that you steal the source code for your own purpose. And consequently, you turn away thousands of users from WinBoard project.

Oh yes... i took source code of Timman (no of Muller) i did a beautiful winboard and people can enjoy it; and i am a devil because those were my evil motives.

I deleted Winboard Zeta you and Muller fans can sleep soundly now.

more_horiz
You always answer side. It shows bad faith that you bring.

@AGu wrote:

Oh yes... i took source code of Timman (no of Muller) i did a beautiful winboard and people can enjoy it; and i am a devil because those were my evil motives.

This is wrong! The owner is now the FSF and not Timman.
What you did have greater impact than you pretend to ignore. Skip is the biggest thing you've done, you ignore the recommendations, you ignore the calls to open the code, you ignore the license.

While it would have been so simple to follow and so 'WB Zeta'' would have lived longer.

@AGu wrote:

I deleted Winboard Zeta you and Muller fans can sleep soundly now.

It's not enough. This limits the damage, but that does not fix it.

more_horiz

The purpose of GPL is to always allow everyone to extend and make better the software copyrighted (or in this case copylefted ;))

This happened for example with Winboard itself (derived from XBoard and eg allowing the "Z" version), but not providing anymore the source is just putting this derivative work on a dead end or anyway depending on the "mood" of someone

more_horiz
I believe that the same thing is happening with the Stockfish engine now.

more_horiz
dass wrote:
I believe that the same thing is happening with the Stockfish engine now.

Heron impossible smile https://www.chess2u.com/t8180-heron-impossible

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum