Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionStockfish for Beaglebone Black on angstrom EmptyStockfish for Beaglebone Black on angstrom

more_horiz
I am trying to get Stockfish working under Angstrom on the beaglebone black.
It works fine under Ubuntu, I just did an apt-get install and it worked, however Angstom uses OPKG to get packages and Stockfish is not in is repository.

Does anyone know how to get it running on Angstrom, either by using an existing binary (which one how) or by recompiling (tried and can't make it work.

My Linux knowledge is basic so I may be missing something simple.

Any help gratefully received.

Max

descriptionStockfish for Beaglebone Black on angstrom EmptyRe: Stockfish for Beaglebone Black on angstrom

more_horiz
Duh !.... What's ubuntu ? ... African tribe or what ? And if you wanna give your Black Beagle a bone just give it the dam thing razz 
Windows and Fritz GUI not good enough for you or what ? rolleyes 
Its good enough for us simple folk !

descriptionStockfish for Beaglebone Black on angstrom EmptyRe: Stockfish for Beaglebone Black on angstrom

more_horiz
@shrapnel wrote:
Duh !.... What's ubuntu ? ... African tribe or what ?

Ubuntu is an operating system based on the Linux kernel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(operating_system)

more_horiz
Developed by an African ? bigsmile

descriptionStockfish for Beaglebone Black on angstrom Emptyhumanity towards others

more_horiz
Ubuntu as stated above is a Linux/Debian derivative, the word means "humanity towards others" and yes it was written by an African! (South). The Beaglebone black is a little computer for $30 ish and I am trying to use it to build a chess computer: see www.chess.fortherapy.co.uk . I have already built one based on a Raspberry, but prefer dogs to fruit. I have a GUI, but prefer a WUI  (Wooden User Interface).
Still need help requested above.

Max

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum