Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionYet another guide to create opening chess book [PolyGlot] EmptyYet another guide to create opening chess book [PolyGlot]

more_horiz
Yet another guide to create opening chess book [PolyGlot] Modern_chess_openings

Yet another good guide to create opening chess book

Maverick is the first chess engine I’ve written which can use its own opening book.  I decided at an early stage Maverick would read Polyglot opening books.  It makes so much sense.  Polyglot seems to be a great tool create opening books and its format seems to be emerging as the de-facto opening book standard.

So now I need to actually create an opening book.  I did some research on the internet and it really is quite straightforward. Here are the steps I took:

1.    There are some really good free tools which you’ll need to download:

1. Polyglot (the program which will generate the book)
    2. SCID the freeware PGN database tool
    3. PGN-Extract which cleans PGN files
    4. Opening Book Batch file and Filter I created

2. You will also need a database of high quality game.  I used Ed Schroeder’s Million Base. Make sure your database is in PGN format.

Yet another guide to create opening chess book [PolyGlot] Filter-Options

...Read more...

http://www.chessprogramming.net/computerchess/creating-opening-book-maverick/

Keywords: #tutorial #guide #PolyGlot #book #opening

descriptionYet another guide to create opening chess book [PolyGlot] EmptyRe: Yet another guide to create opening chess book [PolyGlot]

more_horiz
Very good guide, thanks ChessDrone. thumb up

descriptionYet another guide to create opening chess book [PolyGlot] EmptyRe: Yet another guide to create opening chess book [PolyGlot]

more_horiz
Hello, to be clear:
1. I am not the author of this tutorial.
2. When I quote a text like this
it means that I am not the author.
3. And if there is a link, then please follow the link for more information.
4. One last point: I have not had time to try this tutorial. However, we are in a forum where many have experience about this.

The private messages are useless in this context. So please share your comments, your experience, your questions or anything else here.

more_horiz
Step by step tutorial which shows you exactly how to create a high quality, yet compact, chess opening book for use with any Polyglot compliant engine. This tutorial was created by Steve Maughan

more_horiz
Yet another guide to create opening chess book [PolyGlot] Modern_chess_openings-2

wow, another great tutorial well explained and very good quality! Good job Steve! thumb up

more_horiz
Thank you, Steve. thumb up

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum