Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Monks.ctg

descriptionMonks.ctg - Page 4 EmptyRe: Monks.ctg

more_horiz
yes, indeed. thumb up 

more_horiz
@mocha1961 wrote:
yes, indeed. thumb up 
Tarantado used Xeon 12 core....overclock 4.5 Mgh. Houdini 3 Pro-30.000-35.000 k/N (midle game). Real test of a book?

more_horiz
@regine1 wrote:
@mocha1961 wrote:
yes, indeed. thumb up 
Tarantado used Xeon 12 core....overclock 4.5 Mgh. Houdini 3 Pro-30.000-35.000 k/N (midle game).       Real test of a book?

why not. other bookmakers even use 16 cores. lol. may i know who you are? i can smell fish.

more_horiz
@regine1 wrote:
@mocha1961 wrote:
yes, indeed. thumb up 
Tarantado used Xeon 12 core....overclock 4.5 Mgh. Houdini 3 Pro-30.000-35.000 k/N (midle game).       Real test of a book?

Good point!

I have seen players out of book with score +2.00 cuz good book, but lost cuz weak computer.
I have seen players out of book with score -2.00 cuz bad book, but won cuz strong computer.

more_horiz
@Waldemar wrote:
@regine1 wrote:
@mocha1961 wrote:
yes, indeed. thumb up 
Good point! To know which book is best, try...

dual vs dual
quad vs quad
xeon vs xeon

I have seen players out of book with score +2.00 cuz good book, but lost cuz weak computer.
I have seen players out of book with score -2.00 cuz bad book, but won cuz strong computer.
+1

more_horiz
@regine1 wrote:
@Waldemar wrote:
@regine1 wrote:
@mocha1961 wrote:
yes, indeed. thumb up 

dual vs dual
quad vs quad
xeon vs xeon

+1

+2

more_horiz
Totally unfair race. rolleyes

This "Machines" test, NOT "Books" test. rolleyes

more_horiz
welcome to the world of computers. wink 

more_horiz
@mocha1961 wrote:
welcome to the world of computers. wink 
then post your tests here http://www.cpubenchmark.net/ razz wink lol

more_horiz
why dont you post yours . and why are you so interested in whatever i have? and one thing more. this thread is for the Monks books and not other discussions. question 

more_horiz
Really pathetic, you did not find any logical things in your mind to respond positively to the points in our posts. rolleyes

more_horiz
Let's all just ... hug ^_^.

more_horiz
Hossam wrote:
@regine1 wrote:
@Waldemar wrote:
@regine1 wrote:
@mocha1961 wrote:
yes, indeed. thumb up

dual vs dual
quad vs quad
xeon vs xeon

+1
+2

+3

more_horiz
Nicolas wrote:
Hossam wrote:
@regine1 wrote:
@Waldemar wrote:
@regine1 wrote:
@mocha1961 wrote:
yes, indeed. thumb up

dual vs dual
quad vs quad
xeon vs xeon

+1
+2

+3

more_horiz
Nicolas wrote:
Hossam wrote:
@regine1 wrote:
@Waldemar wrote:
@regine1 wrote:
@mocha1961 wrote:
yes, indeed. thumb up

dual vs dual
quad vs quad
xeon vs xeon

+1
+2

+3

I agree 100% !

descriptionMonks.ctg - Page 4 EmptyMonks

more_horiz
Hmm, this has gone too far! What's the point of the argument?
Mocha is posting wins using one of the Monks books in one of the Monks threads, he didn't claim that those posts are tests of the book, however it should easily indicate about the strength of the book. Yea, success is usually exposed to hunt downs and that's expected.
Mocha owns a Xeon as many as other playchess players who take part in many tours, as well as a book should be really effective in a blitz 15+ round-tournament (this must be easily obvious). If you are looking for an official books test, you can check the recent Vladimir Book Tournaments! thumb up 
Keep in Mind, Computer Chess is one kind of an entertaining smart hobby, which shouldn't result into such kind of conflicts!

Let's save our time to develop our hobby to the better instead of those arguments! smile

Last edited by RemonMelika on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Some posts with insults were removed. Please let's keep this forum friendly and helpful as it has always been. Please follow these rules to keep this forum friendly, organized and informative for yourself and fellow Chess2u users.

more_horiz
2nd place in 5-0 tour using Monks1.4 with no update

Monks.ctg - Page 4 2nd_pl10

more_horiz
Hello Remon, first of all I would like to say that I agree with your strategy to protect the book monks 1.4. So I ask you the link and password for this another masterpiece thumb up

Many thanks

more_horiz
Monks 1.4ctg. Opening book by Remon Melika

- My friend and strong book maker; where are you?
- I await the anticipated return of Monks 2.0ctg!

more_horiz
VocalTechnique wrote:
Monks 1.4ctg. Opening book by Remon Melika

- My friend and strong book maker; where are you?
- I await the anticipated return of Monks 2.0ctg!

I think he is not happy with those people who are using his books and not appreciated his works. SAD
Believe it or not i am still using his Monks 1.4 to against some strong players.

more_horiz
Monk 1.4 was , and still is a great book. A classic in every sense of the word.  thumb up 

more_horiz
@peekoo wrote:

I think he is not happy with those people who are using his books and not appreciated his works. SAD
Believe it or not i am still using his Monks 1.4 to against some strong players.

Yes. It is very sad indeed that some of the people who he shared this book in a strictly private setting betrayed his trust by distributing his hard earned work against his will. A betrayal of trust where in the end no one wins.

@Jimmy Riddler wrote:
Monk 1.4 was , and still is a great book.  A classic in every sense of the word.  thumb up 

I have this book on a portable thumb drive which I have under lock and key which I then shipped to an undisclosed swiss bank account. Yes...no just kidding. It is a great treasure of mine.

descriptionMonks.ctg - Page 4 EmptyMonks.ctg

more_horiz
VocalTechnique wrote:
@peekoo wrote:

Yes. It is very sad indeed that some of the people who he shared this book in a strictly private setting betrayed his trust by distributing his hard earned work against his will. A betrayal of trust where in the end no one wins.

@Jimmy Riddler wrote:
Monk 1.4 was , and still is a great book.  A classic in every sense of the word.  thumb up 

I have this book on a portable thumb drive which I have under lock and key which I then shipped to an undisclosed swiss bank account. Yes...no just kidding. It is a great treasure of mine.

Hi,
I believe he is busy with his studies and personal work. I believe his answer to me was 100% genuine, he is just to busy. And I am another one who keeps using his books; no other books I have ever used since I met Monks. And they are still giving me great results.  clap 
Thank you Remon Melika,
Your work will not be forgotten!  bigsmile 
Red Train

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum