Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

pollWhat would you like to see?

ABk Opening Book Tournament
13%
CTG Opening Book Tournament
47%
Stockfish 4 vs Houdini 3 In-Depth Testing (Will take a long time)
33%
Other
3%
Don\'t care/Don\'t know
3%
Total Votes:

descriptionWhat type of tournament would you like to see? EmptyWhat type of tournament would you like to see?

more_horiz
Hi,

Previously I've primarily been known for working on ABK Book Bash, basically Arena opening book tournaments. I'm wondering if anybody has any wishes for me to do something else as well. Maybe Stockfish 4 vs Houdini 3 tests. Maybe CTG opening book tournament.

Either way, for the sake of statistical certainty, I will most likely only be able to do one of the two because I want many games done, especially for the Stockfish vs Houdini testing... Now I think about it, Stockfish 4 testing will be a headache, will have to do another 500, 1000 games. That will take FOREVER and a half. I will of course, try to fine tune each engine to perform the best I can get it to. CPU is 4670k and will be set at either 4.5 or 4.6ghz. The time controls I typically do are 10 minutes per game or longer. I prefer not to do blitz games.

Let me know... More ABK testing, CTG testing, or Stockfish 4 vs Houdini 3 testing? Or something else?
Or do you not care? I guess that's an option too! lol

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I'd like to gauge the community's interest (or lack thereof).

Last edited by Eric Lin on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionWhat type of tournament would you like to see? EmptyRe: What type of tournament would you like to see?

more_horiz
perhaps a poll is a good idea? razz

Stockfish 190913 vs Houdini 3 ! wink

descriptionWhat type of tournament would you like to see? EmptyRe: What type of tournament would you like to see?

more_horiz
CTG opening book tournament thumb up

more_horiz
Hossam wrote:
perhaps a poll is a good idea? razz

Stockfish 190913 vs Houdini 3 ! wink
I was planning to read post to post and tallying the responses, but a poll is up now just because. thumb up 

more_horiz
nobody uses or have enough book makers "ABk Opening Book Tournament"
official sf4 will lose unless you use derivation released everyday "Stockfish 4 vs Houdini 3 In-Depth Testing (Will take a long time)"

we need "CTG Opening Book Tournament"

more_horiz
CTG Opening Book war

smile 

more_horiz
@Waldemar wrote:
nobody uses or have enough book makers "ABk Opening Book Tournament"
official sf4 will lose unless you use derivation released everyday "Stockfish 4 vs Houdini 3 In-Depth Testing (Will take a long time)"

we need "CTG Opening Book Tournament"
If I do the Stockfish test, I will use the latest beta build at the time, maybe contact the Stockfish team, see when is a good time to begin testing after their latest beta build is out.

more_horiz
CTG Opening Book Tournament.

more_horiz
no news? rolleyes

more_horiz
whom will be the T. D. of this book tournament as Sedat did it?

more_horiz
Hossam wrote:
no news? rolleyes
I'm still busying doing other tests. Working on analysis on a few openings for book makers.
Still wondering if I should wait for Houdini 4. :D

more_horiz
@Eric Lin wrote:
Hossam wrote:
no news? rolleyes
I'm still busying doing other tests. Working on analysis on a few openings for book makers.
Still wondering if I should wait for Houdini 4. :D
eek rolleyes

more_horiz
Well, the computing ability of the engine affects the results of the tournament. The stronger the computing hardware, longer the time controls, stronger the engine software, the more a book with less moves but higher quality moves is preferred and the more powerful the engine without book is.

Look at ABk Book Bash III... The giant majority of books got beaten by Houdini 3 without a book. Many contestants simply got eliminated before more games were done to save time because they were so far behind. Considering there are so many CTG books out there, redoing the tourney for the new engines will be very expensive on time, since I want a longer time control and many, many games for statistical reliability.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum