Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

SmarThink

descriptionSmarThink EmptySmarThink

more_horiz
SmarThink, an UCI/WB compatible chess engine by Sergei S. Markoff written in plain C. The engine contains a lot of knowledge to guide the search, and has an aggressive attacking style. SmarThink uses original techniques in search and evaluation based on complex analysis including the use of ideas of Mikhail Botvinnik. SmarThink played various tournaments in Russia, and became Russian computer chess champion in 2004, CIS computer chess champion at the CCCCISC 2005, and third at the CCCCISC 2008 behind WildCat and Strelka. New version, 1.40 (r2040) is free. Sorry, at the moment, only single-processor Intel x64/AVX version is available.

SmarThink 1.40 (r2040)

http://genes1s.net/smarthink.html

descriptionSmarThink EmptyNo Author

more_horiz
Engine will not work unless you insert Authors name. I'd love to test it but it will NOT run in Fritz GUI without the authors name so if that is what your running it in don't bother to download because it will not work without Authors name. I'll wait on the update.redface 

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
sharpov wrote:
Engine will not work unless you insert Authors name. I'd love to test it but it will NOT run in Fritz GUI without the authors name so if that is what your running it in don't bother to download because it will not work without Authors name. I'll wait on the update.redface 

Code:

id author Sergei S. Markoff

This version is for AVX CPUs only. What is yr CPU?

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
It's updated:

Code:

x32, x64/SSE3, x64/AVX

Download

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
majortom wrote:
It's updated:

Code:

x32, x64/SSE3, x64/AVX
Download

Does not work under Fritz GUI, what i do? sad

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
the 32 bit is working!

I haven't tested it under any GUIs
but the exe executable alone works well

the last smarthink version was released like 10 years ago

and it is a huge comeback! thumb up

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Andres wrote:

Does not work under Fritz GUI, what i do? sad

Works well on my Fritz.
What is yr CPU?

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
majortom wrote:
Andres wrote:

Does not work under Fritz GUI, what i do? sad
Works well on my Fritz.
What is yr CPU?

Intel Xeon E5-2680 and Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit.

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
TC 60"+1"
     i7-3960x
     1-core
     ponder off
     colours reversed openings
     128 mb hash

Code:

  Program                          Elo    +   -   Games   Score   Av.Op.  Draws

1 SmarThink 1.40                 : 2984   40  39   200    59.8 %   2916   34.5 %
2 SmarThink 1.20                 : 2916   39  40   200    40.2 %   2984   34.5 %

Code:

1 SmarThink 1.40                 : 2984  200 (+ 85,= 69,- 46), 59.8 %
2 SmarThink 1.20                 : 2916  200 (+ 46,= 69,- 85), 40.2 %
Games

Last edited by majortom on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Andres wrote:
majortom wrote:
Andres wrote:

Does not work under Fritz GUI, what i do? sad
Works well on my Fritz.
What is yr CPU?
Intel Xeon E5-2680 and Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit.

Maybe it can help:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/redistributable-libraries-for-the-intel-c-and-visual-fortran-composer-xe-for-windows

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Because I know very little from the computer my system is:


Hardware: AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ with 5,0 GB Memory
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 6002) 64 bit

It suits some version with my computer?

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Aggelos Kefalonian wrote:
Because I know very little from the computer my system is:


Hardware: AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ with 5,0 GB Memory
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 6002) 64 bit

It suits some version with my computer?

http://genes1s.net/smarthink.html

Code:

Sorry, at the moment, only single-processor Intel (x32, x64/SSE3, x64/AVX) versions are available.

But you have AMD, not Intel.

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Pity… sad 
Because I read that she is aggressive engine, I have finished tournament measurement of aggressiveness of chess engines.
I want to try also certain other engines and afterwards I will publish.
I wanted to try him.

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Works very well here on both console mode / Arena GUI. thumb up Thanks!

descriptionSmarThink EmptySmarThink 1.50 is out !

more_horiz
http://genes1s.net/smarthink.php

Changes:

— pawn chains evaluation;
— fixed bug with draw tendency endgame factor;
— new attacks imbalance score;
— new pawn spread evaluation;
— new node type handling.

SilvianR  wink 

descriptionSmarThink EmptyFrtiz 12

more_horiz
Still the same on both computers doesn't work at all. Bad sign when you see nothing in the authors display in this GUI when you see that good luck on the engine loading mine never has. If I can take some consolation it isn't just mine so many have not and can not test it. I wish the problems with Fritz 12 GUI could be resolved. I have downloaded many engines and outside of Java files I've never had a problem, this is very puzzling to me, if any Fritz users get it in after having problems let me know but I've spent too much time on this one issue and I give up. mad 

descriptionSmarThink EmptyFritz 12 or a system problem ?

more_horiz
Hello !

SmartTink 1.50 works very well in Fritz 11-12-13 & 14 GUIs.
Maybe you have a system problem ? Double-click on exe (enter in console-mode), type uci and press enter. If you receive the message "uciok" your engine must work in Fritz 12. Otherwise is a problem with the Fritz 12 installation !

Best to you !
SilvianR  wink 

SmarThink Clipboard02

descriptionSmarThink EmptySmart Think 1.5

more_horiz
I got the engine to run it wouldn't run sse3 but runs it says 1.41 but seems to be working fine Thank you very much for your help. cool 

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
sharpov wrote:
I got the engine to run it wouldn't run sse3 but runs it says 1.41 but seems to be working fine Thank you very much for your help. cool 


The latest exe gives SmarThink 1.50 as its name.

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
SmarThink 1.60
http://genes1s.net/smarthink.php

Major changes:

— fixed bug with wrong time output in UCI mode;
— fixed bug with stop command processing during multi-pv search;
— new incarnation of singular extensions;
— updated chained pawns eval;
— smarter time control (depends of board material);
— forward repetitions detection;
— knight PSQ tuning;
— using less memory (free some initialization arrays after using);
— delta pruning simplified;
— ETC code removed at all;
— simplier pruning/razoring code;
— better forward pruning;
— fixed several bugs in root search;
— small modification in interior pruning.

+40–60 ELO according to my tests

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Where can I find a compile for Mac OS X ?

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
SmarThink v1.70
http://genes1s.net/smarthink.php

It crashes after a few minutes and i get the fabled blue screen. eek rolleyes

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Nicolas wrote:
SmarThink v1.70
http://genes1s.net/smarthink.php

It crashes after a few minutes and i get the fabled blue screen. eek rolleyes


Have you placed values.txt in engine folder?
This version played over 3000 games w/o any problems, so, probably, it looks that something wrong at your PC.

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Sergei S. Markoff wrote:
Nicolas wrote:
SmarThink v1.70
http://genes1s.net/smarthink.php

It crashes after a few minutes and i get the fabled blue screen. eek rolleyes


Have you placed values.txt in engine folder?


Yes.

AMD FX 9590 8 Core
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
8GB RAM

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Nicolas wrote:

AMD FX 9590 8 Core
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
8GB RAM


Which shell are you using?

descriptionSmarThink EmptyRe: SmarThink

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum