Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionThe problem of all ProDeo packages EmptyThe problem of all ProDeo packages

more_horiz
Hello folks !

Watching today a game Spike 1.2 Turin - ProDeo 1.87 , under Fritz 11 GUI, I observed a big problem: the evaluation of Spike is correct (-#7) but the evaluation of ProDeo 1.87 is crazzy (#2746). Of course the GUI adjudicates (wrong) the game to Spike 1.2 Turin !!!
Why ?
Because of the Wb2Uci.eng file existing in ProDeo 1.87 package (in fact in all ProDeo packages). Missing the line:

MateScore = 32767

Even if ProDeo Wb engine uses the default value of mate score (32767) the Wb2Uci.exe doesn't know it. So, Maestro Schroeder, please put it in your nice package !
Hello testers ! lol 

The demonstration in the below images !

Regards,
SilvianR  wink

The structure of the original ProDeo Wb2Uci.eng file: 

The problem of all ProDeo packages Clipboard03

The drama image:

The problem of all ProDeo packages Clipboard02

The correct Wb2Uci.eng file:

The problem of all ProDeo packages Clipboard04

descriptionThe problem of all ProDeo packages EmptyRe: The problem of all ProDeo packages

more_horiz
Edited

can you please post the whole pgn?

Werner

PS: I get the same result with
MateScore = 32767

in the wb2uci file

descriptionThe problem of all ProDeo packages EmptyRe: The problem of all ProDeo packages

more_horiz
@CEGT wrote:
Edited

can you please post the whole pgn?

Werner

PS: I get the same result with
MateScore = 32767

in the wb2uci file

Hello Maestro Werner !

Huh ! eek You are right. Even with the mate score line in the Wb2Uci.eng file ProDeo 1.87 has this behaviour !

clap 

I haven't the pgns - being nervous I deleted all the match. But below is ProDeo 1.87 in infinite analysis in the same position and with MateScore = 32767 line.
What to do ? That means the fact that ProDeo isn't usable under an UCI compliant GUI ?

Best to you !
SilvianR  wink 

The problem of all ProDeo packages 210j287

more_horiz
The problem is Fritz. On my old F8 everything is fine. Arena is fine, Chesspartner is fine.

more_horiz
@rebel777 wrote:
The problem is Fritz. On my old F8 everything is fine. Arena is fine, Chesspartner is fine.

Hello, Maestro Schroeder !

I understand. Rest a single question: why all the others WB engines I use in Fritz 11 (over 200) - using the correct mate score line in their Wb2Uci.eng file (mate score determined with the Arena debug file) - display the correct mate score ?  eek 

Regards,
SilvianR  wink 

more_horiz
Uncle Ruxy, I have no idea, must look into it.

Perhaps you know this Beatles song;

Good chance it's fixed then but no hard promises  bigsmile 

descriptionThe problem of all ProDeo packages EmptyPROBLEM SOLVED (by Ruxy) !

more_horiz
@rebel777 wrote:
Uncle Ruxy, I have no idea, must look into it.

Perhaps you know this Beatles song;

Good chance it's fixed then but no hard promises  bigsmile 

The uncle Ruxy solved the problem !!!!  lol 

You used in your package an old (uncle  lol ) "rebeluci" (in fact the Wb2Uci.exe) file who doesn't know nothing about MateScore command ! Replacing "rebeluci" file with the newest one all are OK (nothing wrong with the engine). To work properly under Fritz 11-12-13 & 14 GUIs ProDeo 1.87 (in fact all ProDeo packages) needs:

1.-MateScore = 32767 line in the Wb2Uci.eng file existing in your package;
2.-the new "rebeluci" file.  The file is here ( the Ruxy donarium):

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/9c3d467846/

The old "rebeluci" file existing in package must be deleted, of course !

HELLO TESTERS !

Take a look , please, Maestro Schroder, how good looks ProDeo 1.87:

The problem of all ProDeo packages 2njja09

Thank you for the song ! Beatles remind me about my youth ! Thank you again !

Long live Maestro Schroder, ProDeo, the 32-bit chess egines, Fritzy GUIs............maybe also the uncle Ruxy !  lol 

SilvianR  wink

more_horiz
@Silvian wrote:
HELLO TESTERS !

@CEGT wrote:
Pro Deo 1.8.7: 2512 - 891 games (-18! now behind v. 1.8.5 with 2518)

https://www.chess2u.com/t7956-cegt-rating-lists-december-29th-2013

wink

more_horiz
Nicolas wrote:
@Silvian wrote:
HELLO TESTERS !

@CEGT wrote:
Pro Deo 1.8.7: 2512 - 891 games (-18! now behind v. 1.8.5 with 2518)

https://www.chess2u.com/t7956-cegt-rating-lists-december-29th-2013

wink

Hello Nicolas !

I know ! If they (the testers) used (for sure versus Fritzy) a Fritz , Shredder, ChessPartner, HiarcsChessExplorer or other UCI compliant GUI - all is ruined. Using ProDeo - like WB engine - under Arena and Winboard GUIs is OK !
And this is not a problem only for ProDeo. All WB engines must be carefully setted to work properly in an UCI compliant GUI !

Have a nice weekend !
SilvianR  wink

more_horiz
@Silvian wrote:

Hello Nicolas !
I know ! If they (the testers) used (for sure versus Fritzy) a Fritz , Shredder, ChessPartner, HiarcsChessExplorer or other UCI compliant GUI - all is ruined. Using ProDeo - like WB engine - under Arena and Winboard GUIs is OK !
And this is not a problem only for ProDeo. All WB engines must be carefully setted to work properly in an UCI compliant GUI !
Have a nice weekend !
SilvianR  wink

Hi Silvian,
you can download all Pro Deo games and have a look - and show me all ruined games.
We are not crazy - we know a lot about the engines:

e.g. inside ChessPartner Pro Deo runs ok as it is wb  smile 
e.g. try to install Pro Deo 1.8.7 inside Arena as wb engine and have a look at the command line: which engine is loaded?  razz 

have a nice Weekend too

Werner

more_horiz
@CEGT wrote:
@Silvian wrote:

Hello Nicolas !
Have a nice weekend !
SilvianR  wink

Hi Silvian,
you can download all Pro Deo games and have a look - and show me all ruined games.
We are not crazy - we know a lot about the engines:

e.g. inside ChessPartner Pro Deo runs ok as it is wb  smile 
e.g. try to install Pro Deo 1.8.7 inside Arena as wb engine and have a look at the command line: which engine is loaded?  razz 

have a nice Weekend too

Werner

Hi Werner !

Nice to hear all is OK in CEGT ! In my above post I used the term "if..."  clap 

1.-Rest a (big) question (again) : if the members of CEGT and (maybe  lol ) CCRL knew the problem why did not say anything to users or author ? They are a lot of Fritz GUI users (maybe most) !
2.-And the second question: if you tested ProDeo versus a Fritz engine in which GUI were the tests, please ? Fritz is a native engine.

In any case - the problem is now solved !  lol 

Best to you !

SilvianR  wink

more_horiz
@Silvian wrote:
1.-Rest a (big) question (again) : if the members of CEGT and (maybe  lol ) CCRL knew the problem why did not say anything to users or author ? They are a lot of Fritz GUI users (maybe most) !
2.-And the second question: if you tested ProDeo versus a Fritz engine in which GUI were the tests, please ? Fritz is a native engine.
In any case - the problem is now solved !  lol 
Best to you !
SilvianR  wink

Hi Silvian,
to answer your questions:
- if I have a problem with an engine, I pm the author. And I did not have this problem in my tests.
- we have no games with Fritz against Pro Deo.
- if I want to test Pro Deo against Fritz I can use Fritz 8 with WinBoardEng.dll and installing Pro Deo as wb engine  wink - do you rember the Problems?
- and of course I followed your postings on talkchess with these matescore problems.
- I use Arena GUI for all wb-engines, Shredder GUI for UCI-Engines and Chessbase for all CB Engines of course.

best wishes
Werner

more_horiz
Wow, master Ruxy, you solved the problem before I am 64, you must have missed your call as chess programmer  thumb up 

BTW, this rebeluci, is that the last (renamed) official WB2UCI ?

I will include it in the next version then.

more_horiz
@rebel777 wrote:
Wow, master Ruxy, you solved the problem before I am 64, you must 1.- have missed your call as chess programmer  thumb up 

2.-BTW, this rebeluci, is that the last (renamed) official WB2UCI ?

3.-I will include it in the next version then.

1.-Yes ! Programming is in the DNA-RNA of my family. Both my brother and my son work in programming (Canada). Myself I'm a Sunday programmer. But only in Java. Even I have a (very poor) chess engine. But I not released it yet because some CCC "friends" just waiting to tell everybody how idiot Ruxy is !  lol 
Frau Ruxy isn't interested at all in programming ! rolleyes Only arts !  eek 

2.-Yes, it is the last. Has all features. Also is the single Wb2Uci.exe working with the 64-bit engines.

3.-THANK YOU ! Will be a perfect package !

Have a nice weekend, Maestro Schroeder !

SilvianR  wink

more_horiz
My wb2uci file looks like this and I have had absolutely no issues at all using ProDeo as a UCI engine:

[ENGINE]
Name = ProDeo 1.86
Author = Ed Schröder
Filename = rebeluci.exe

[OPTIONS]
Program = prodeo.exe w6 ProDeo.eng
InitString = BookOff/n
LevelExtend = none
Analyze = true
UseUndo = false
Logfile = false
LevelType = 2
SimulateHint = true
TerminateHard = false
; In WIN XP or Win NT TerminateHard = true
Protocol = 1
Visible = Ponder,Logfile,Extras

[EXTRAS]
Personality=setvar personality personal\%s.eng|combo|ProDeo|ProDeo|Strong Club Player|Average Club Player|Absolute Novice Player|Q3 - Tactical Engine
Anti-GM=setvar antigm|combo|off|off|active|strong|smart
Playing Style=setvar playstyle|combo|normal|aggressive|active|normal|solid|defensive
Strength=setvar playstrength|combo|strong|novice|club player|strong
Opening Book=setvar bookfile books\%s.bin|combo|prodeo|prodeo
EOC database=setvar eocfile eoc\%s.eoc|combo|prodeo|prodeo
EOC Usuage=setvar eocuse|combo|none|none|moderate|strong|book

more_horiz
@Graham Banks wrote:
My wb2uci file looks like this and I have had absolutely no issues at all using ProDeo as a UCI engine:

[ENGINE]
Name = ProDeo 1.86
Author = Ed Schröder
Filename = rebeluci.exe

[OPTIONS]
Program = prodeo.exe w6 ProDeo.eng
InitString = BookOff/n
LevelExtend = none
Analyze = true
UseUndo = false
Logfile = false
LevelType = 2
SimulateHint = true
TerminateHard = false
; In WIN XP or Win NT  TerminateHard = true
Protocol = 1
Visible = Ponder,Logfile,Extras

[EXTRAS]
Personality=setvar personality personal\%s.eng|combo|ProDeo|ProDeo|Strong Club Player|Average Club Player|Absolute Novice Player|Q3 - Tactical Engine
Anti-GM=setvar antigm|combo|off|off|active|strong|smart
Playing Style=setvar playstyle|combo|normal|aggressive|active|normal|solid|defensive
Strength=setvar playstrength|combo|strong|novice|club player|strong
Opening Book=setvar bookfile books\%s.bin|combo|prodeo|prodeo
EOC database=setvar eocfile eoc\%s.eoc|combo|prodeo|prodeo
EOC Usuage=setvar eocuse|combo|none|none|moderate|strong|book

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Graham !

The world is a little ball, isn't it ?  lol Here I am for the next decade !

Well, like you can read above the true problem is the old Wb2Uci.exe existing in the original package ("rebeluci" file). If you use it, put in analysis the above position and (like you can see ) the mate score of the output is wrong. Using the last Wb2Uci.exe all is OK (you can see also the image with -#7 mate score). That's all ! Now everybody is happy !

Have a nice Sunday !

SilvianR  wink

more_horiz
@Silvian wrote:

Kim Jong Un fed uncle alive to 120 starved dogs  lol  razz

more_horiz
Hossam wrote:
@Silvian wrote:

Kim Jong Un fed uncle alive to 120 starved dogs  lol  razz

I think I just threw up in mouth a little...

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum