Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionHow do I optimize an opening book? EmptyHow do I optimize an opening book?

more_horiz
Hello Dear friends,

I am using Deep Fritz 14. Can anybody tell me how to optimize my book?

There is a "Analysis" tab where I have Book options and I can set it up there but It doesn't relate to the actual book I have imported I think. Inside that tab there is an option "Import Books" but it takes like 17 minutes to import that is not what I want.

Can anybody assist me with the problem. Thanks.

Last edited by Stuxnet on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:16 am; edited 2 times in total

descriptionHow do I optimize an opening book? EmptyRe: How do I optimize an opening book?

more_horiz
Hi Stuxnet,

I am not sure if I understand what you are asking, but here I go.

I assume you would like to run a Book Test using two engines in in your GUI of choice.

If you are using the Fritz GUI, follow the directions below.

- Open your GUI (I assume you already created your engines)

- Once engine A and engine B are allocated, open 'Engine Match' or 'Tournament'

- For the sake of simplicity, disregard 'Tournament'

- Inside 'Engine Match', you will do the following:
- - For engine A:
- - - Choose engine parameters
- - - Choose engine book
- - - - INSIDE Engine Book settings, click [Optimize]
- - - - Choose Hash Table memory

- - For engine B:
- - - Choose engine parameters
- - - Choose engine book
- - - - INSIDE Engine Book settings, click [Optimize]*
- - - - Choose Hash Table memory

* Clicking [Tournament mode] will cause the toggle bars to look like this:

-//-------------
--------------//
--------------//

Then you can manipulate how deep your engine will search the book: 0-100

* * Be sure to check the box next to [Tournament mode]

descriptionHow do I optimize an opening book? EmptyRe: How do I optimize an opening book?

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you kindly for your answer. It is not what I was asking for, I know how to run both engines and optimize the books for them. I am playing against the Engine + Book and I just want to know how to Optimize it 1/100 like in the "Engine Match" option.

Simply saying I am versing the Engine and I want to optimize the book to 1/100. How do I do it?

more_horiz
When you choose the engine in the engine match,

You can change the engine and book.

Click [ANALYSIS] at the top of the panel.
- click on the bottom right tab of the analysis panel.
- a new window will pop up and you can change book parameters.

more_horiz
Hello,

What I have tried before:
1) ANALYSIS TAB
2) Opening Book drop down menu -> Import Book (It takes up to 20 minutes)

Can the engine be changed in the ANALYSIS TAB? I cannot see the option.

Last edited by Stuxnet on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
You do not want to import book!

more_horiz

Go to the menu at the top of the Fritz program, and choose Tools > Book options. This can also be done by simply hitting the F4 key, which will bring up the opening book options box without having to go to the Tools menu.

Click on the "Optimize" button for maximum learning potential and least variety of play, making it play the strongest moves it knows in a given situation. Click "Normal" for factory settings, which will allow some variety of play and decrease the learning potential, which is best for playing against it as a learning tool. Click the "Handicap" button to activate totally random opening moves, and zero learning potential, weakening the engine substantially.

Change the "Minimum games" and "Up to move" boxes to reflect how many games it takes before the engine permanently changes a move order and how many moves into a chess game the engine will still consider itself in the opening stages.

Click "OK" once all the settings are to your satisfaction, and Fritz will automatically load them every time it starts up, until they are once again changed.

Tips & Warnings
You can also left click the sliders in the book options box to make totally custom book learning options.

more_horiz
Engine parameters are changed in the [ENGINE] tab.

more_horiz
Hello,

Okay thank you. I have Imported the book already though, do I need to reset the program?

Could you tell me step by step how to get to the "Choose Tools > Book Options, I am not able to find it. I can bring up the dialog box by hitting F4 but want to do it manually as well.

Thank you.

more_horiz
Tools -> Book Options -> Click book options -> Manually optimize.

Since you imported your book,
- did you import games into book
- import whole book into GUI?

more_horiz
Hello,

Maybe I am blind but I do not see the Tools Tab.

How do I optimize an opening book? PqGK3rU

I didn't import games, if I will import, will it increase the strength of the program. I just draw. I only imported the Book not the games.

more_horiz
Let me get home, and I will investigate further for you. I can provide snapshots then.

more_horiz
Hello Dear friends, I am using Deep Fritz 14. Can anybody tell me how to optimize my book? I am using Doom D3. When I use "Engine Match" option I am able to directly optimized it to 1/100. wrote:

how to optimize while ``engine Match ` ?  or normal playing ?
this is when normal playing . . .

1) click at `analysis`  ( at your screen shoot u are click at `insert` tab ( tool )

2) click `Book Option`  ( left side )

and u can see a book tool . ( book optimize section )

3) to do optimizze u  just click at `optimize` folder and re-adjust number at  `minimum game` and `up to move `

more_horiz
@Stuxnet wrote:
Hello,

Maybe I am blind but I do not see the Tools Tab.

How do I optimize an opening book? PqGK3rU

I didn't import games, if I will import, will it increase the strength of the program. I just draw. I only imported the Book not the games.

Hi Friend,
In your format
go to Analysis tab
first icon is book option with red color book
click it you will find a pop up
you will find tournament book
minimum games

at down
>optimize
>normal
>handicap.

Here press optimize then after that change values on minimum games and upto move as per book maker.

All done.

hope now you can do this.

Best Wishes
Terminator-I

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum