Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionWhat is the strongest engine and where can I download it? EmptyWhat is the strongest engine and where can I download it?

more_horiz
I'm guessing it's one of the development versions of Stockfish but which one would you say?

descriptionWhat is the strongest engine and where can I download it? EmptyRe: What is the strongest engine and where can I download it?

more_horiz
https://www.chess2u.com/t4410p810-stockfish
http://abrok.eu/stockfish_syzygy/

Enjoy! wink

descriptionWhat is the strongest engine and where can I download it? EmptyRe: What is the strongest engine and where can I download it?

more_horiz
Thanks mate! Been looking for this one to download for days, hopefully it's stronger then the ones I have.

Been testing Deep fritz 14 and it's beaten every stockfish version I have, I think it's the fritz gui with all the other engines active.

Fritz 11 even beat one of the more recent stockfish versions, simply because the other engines were active. Without them it ended up a rook down.

more_horiz
What test conditions and hardware specs are you using?

Try this version of Stockfish DEV:

Stockfish 240414 64 SSE4.2
http://abrok.eu/stockfish/builds/3705559fdb1d5959ed6eba37f1b06e03a25be82d/win64modernsse/stockfish_14042408_x64_modern_sse42.exe

- Correctly apply previous patch
- Shuffle movepicker score
- Remove penalty for knight when few enemy pawns
- Remove RookOn7th and merge values into psqt

more_horiz
Cheers, I have just downloaded that one and it has already beaten the best version I found!

I'm new to this but I usually do a blitz game with a 5 minute time limit and 5 matches

then I do matches with 7 seconds allowed per move. 4 cpu and around 2000mb hash tables, ponder off

they alternate black and white every time.

I'm not sure I have the right version of houdini 4 though because it loses badly most of the time lol think 

more_horiz
"- Correctly apply previous patch
- Shuffle movepicker score
- Remove penalty for knight when few enemy pawns
- Remove RookOn7th and merge values into psqt"

Are these things that have already been done to this version, or do I need to do this?

I'm a total noob at this lol

more_horiz
Any changes marked with "-" are done automatically from the testing framework:

Stockfish Development Versions are build automatically if there are changes on the master branch in the git repository

I only list the changes so you know what is different in the next version.

You do not need to change anything.

Last edited by VocalTechnique on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Ok thank you for your help.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum