Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionPlease, HELP me :) EmptyPlease, HELP me :)

more_horiz
I'd like someone to tell me what Priority: Below normal means...
That shows when I go to Create UCL Engine, then I choose my engine and now I can choose to mark Priority: Below normal as True or False. So I wonder what that means, will my engine be strogner if I mark it as true or will be weaker, or what...?

descriptionPlease, HELP me :) EmptyRe: Please, HELP me :)

more_horiz
It says according to what it says. Engine will have priority running in your computer, you choose a low priority or a normal priority.

more_horiz
@Waldemar wrote:
It says according to what it says. Engine will have priority running in your computer, you choose a low priority or a normal priority.

That means that if I choose True, this is low priority and my engine will be weaker, and if I choose False then that's normal priority and my engine will be stronger?

more_horiz
If this is set to true, threads are suspended when there is no work to do. This saves CPU power consumption, but waking a thread takes a small bit of time. For maximum performance, set this option to false, but if you need to reduce power consumption (i.e. on mobile devices) set this option to true.

more_horiz
Ok, thanks a lot mate  bigsmile 

more_horiz
@Ultimate_Truth wrote:
I'd like someone to tell me what Priority: Below normal means...
That shows when I go to Create UCL Engine, then I choose my engine and now I can choose to mark Priority: Below normal as True or False. So I wonder what that means, will my engine be strogner if I mark it as true or will be weaker, or what...?

Strength-wise, it really doesn't matter either way.

more_horiz
@Graham Banks wrote:
Strength-wise, it really doesn't matter either way.

Agreed. Changing the CPU threads to idle threads sleep has a minute effect to the ELO strength of an engine.

Marco Costalba wrote:
"Idle Threads Sleep" UCI option

After last Joona's patch there is no measurable
difference between the option set or unset.

Tested by Andreas Strangmüller with 16 threads
on his Dual Opteron 6376.

After 5000 games at 15+0.05 the result is:

1 Stockfish_14050822_T16_on : 3003 5000 (+849,=3396,-755), 50.9 %
2 Stockfish_14050822_T16_off : 2997 5000 (+755,=3396,-849), 49.1 %

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum