Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionSchachgenie 1.0 (ChessGenius 1.0) !! EmptySchachgenie 1.0 (ChessGenius 1.0) !!

more_horiz
A few days ago I happened to download a large collection of chess engines on the net.....which included a large folder of chessbase engines...old and new......imagine my surprise when I saw a strange name for a engine Schachgenie 1 in the folder.....using google translate the name translated to ChessGenius 1.0.....Engine has been tested and seems to play exactly like Chess Genius but needs further testing....internet searches in english and german on this engines origin and history......produced almost no results......looks legit to me...enjoy!!  clap 

4shared.com/archive/ZPa_f0U4ba/Schachgenie_1.html

descriptionSchachgenie 1.0 (ChessGenius 1.0) !! EmptyRe: Schachgenie 1.0 (ChessGenius 1.0) !!

more_horiz
Thanks but did you just post this twice?

descriptionSchachgenie 1.0 (ChessGenius 1.0) !! EmptyRe: Schachgenie 1.0 (ChessGenius 1.0) !!

more_horiz
Yep had to because although it is (free) it is also commercial......(Fritz....Chessgenius) hence the "double post"......

more_horiz
Thanks for the link, supersharp77.

It is not related to the famous Chess Genius from R. Lang, it is F. Morsch's Fritz 7 in disguise, bundled by Data Becker, a german Software Cie.
The logo shown when started is Chessbase Fritz and browsing the engine one can read :

Fritz   Frans Morsch    Schachgenie 1.0 .eng ... StringFileInfo ä 040704b0  Comments >CompanyName  ChessBase GmbH  8FileDescription  Fritz 7 8 FileVersion  7, 0, 0, 10 0InternalName Fritz 7 n%LegalCopyright Copyright © 2001-2002 ChessBase GmbH  fLegalTrademarks  ChessBase, Fritz, Schweinehund  @ OriginalFilename Fritz 7.eng   PrivateBuild >ProductName  Fritz 7 Engine  < ProductVersion 7, 0, 0, 10

Schachgenie 1.0 (ChessGenius 1.0) !! Schachgenie

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum