Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionChess for the blind EmptyChess for the blind

more_horiz
Hello,

"Winboard 4.5 Accesible Chess" is a version of Winboard for the blind, lowsighted and those who can not use a mouse, such as quadriplegics.

It works automatically with the JAWS or NVDA screen readers which provide vocal announcements
of all moves made and also selectable chess board conditions Available languages are English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Russian.

"Winboard 4.5 Accesible Chess" can be operated entirley with the keyboard and has all of the features of the regular Winboard 4.5. Keyboard shortcuts directory is included as are the quick setup guide and full manual.

Download at Sourceforge; http://sourceforge.net/projects/winboard45forja/?source=directory

Best Regards

descriptionChess for the blind EmptyRe: Chess for the blind

more_horiz
https://www.chess2u.com/t5310p30-winboard-gui#43587

Do you mean WinBoard JAWS? and what about WinBoard 4.8 AC?

descriptionChess for the blind EmptyChess for the blind

more_horiz
Hi Steve

Winboard 4.5 for JAWS,
Winboard 4.5 for JAWS and NVDA and
Winboard 4.5 Accessible Chess

are all the same exact program.

The program that gave me an idea to ask HGM if it could be fixed was called "Winboard for JAWS" and it was super broken. Shockingly it is still offered at Tim Mann's site and somewhere at Freedom Scientific, the maker of the JAWS screen reader.

The repaired and greatly refined and increased program is what I and HGM talk about and always starts off with Winboard 4.5. I liked Winboard 4.5 Accessible Chess after we had called it Winboard 4.5 for JAWS for a long time.

Developement for it has stopped as it recieves no complaints from its many users. HGM could add more languages and update it to his latest Winboard 4.7.3a but there has been no requests for more function or complaints so HGM is letting it ride and I agree. I have never heard of WinBoard 4.8 AC. I followed your link but could not find it, what is it? HGM's latest is definetely 4.7.3a.

Best Regards

more_horiz
WinBoard 4.8 AC (AC = Accessible Chess). smile

descriptionChess for the blind EmptyChess for Blind Winboard 4.5

more_horiz
Steve,

Hehe, yeah I finaly got that!

Its not ours man.

I have now seen our program located at 'hacker' websight for sale... or some such lunacy.

If I should look at 4.8 lemee know.

Best Regards,

Dave Acevedo

Last edited by Chess for the Blind on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions)

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum