Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionStockfish DEV for which Windows x64? EmptyStockfish DEV for which Windows x64?

more_horiz
Hi! On my previous computer I had 32-bit system on windows7, but now I bought a new laptop and I have 64-bit system on Windows 7. So now I see here ---> http://abrok.eu/stockfish/ <--- that there are 3 choices for 64-bit (Windows x64, Windows x64 for modern computers,  Windows x64 for Haswell CPUs) and I don't know which one I should download. I will use stockfish on Deep Fritz 14 64-Bit. Can you please help? Thanks in advance...

This is my system:

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- 64-bit

descriptionStockfish DEV for which Windows x64? EmptyRe: Stockfish DEV for which Windows x64?

more_horiz
Hi Ultimate

Considering your hardware the best choice is Windows x64.

If you had a better CPU and more RAM you should use the Windows x64 for modern computers

Of course you can test both and compare the best Kn/sec ratio to decide cool

descriptionStockfish DEV for which Windows x64? EmptyRe: Stockfish DEV for which Windows x64?

more_horiz
ok, thank you

descriptionStockfish DEV for which Windows x64? EmptyStockfish developmnt

more_horiz
You should be able to run windows 64 SSE4.2 with the i3. I have an i3 and it works well for my system. cool

more_horiz
Try CPU-Z . It should list all of the features of your CPU.

more_horiz
Thank you all, I'll try all your recommendations... thumb up

more_horiz
Your CPU i3-4030U is Haswell arch. So, the best one for you is obvious. wink

more_horiz
@nabildanial93 wrote:

Yeah, I tryed using stockfish with all 3 Windows x64 options and it's working fine on all, no crushes or anything... ;)

descriptionStockfish DEV for which Windows x64? Emptyhow do u test stockfish versions????

more_horiz
thx to u in advance.

@MadMax777 wrote:
Hi Ultimate

Considering your hardware the best choice is Windows x64.

If you had a better CPU and more RAM you should use the Windows x64 for modern computers

Of course you can test both and compare the best Kn/sec ratio to decide  cool

more_horiz
Steve.R wrote:
Try CPU-Z . It should list all of the features of your CPU.

Thanks.. Its nice. I didnt know this..

more_horiz
@Ultimate_Truth wrote:
@nabildanial93 wrote:

Yeah, I tryed using stockfish with all 3 Windows x64 options and it's working fine on all, no crushes or anything... ;)

I dont think they will crash but thr will be diff in the computing which cant be seen by nked eyes.. Just my assumption.. Any expert comment here.. ?

more_horiz
SF Haswell will probably produce some more speed compared to the normal latest sse4.2 compile because of bmi2 instruction set.
bmi2 instruction compile further speeds up some calculations which is not dine by any other compile. So, it is the best among the other modern compile but of course one's processor should have Haswell architecture for supporting it.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum