Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionNaum 4.6 (64-bit only) free to you all! EmptyNaum 4.6 (64-bit only) free to you all!

more_horiz
The author, Alex Naumov, has asked me to provide the download link for you all. Smile

Thanks Alex!

http://speedy.sh/2xFbC/naum46-x64.rar

descriptionNaum 4.6 (64-bit only) free to you all! EmptyRe: Naum 4.6 (64-bit only) free to you all!

more_horiz
Thank you Graham. And Thanks to Alex. thumb up

mirror:
http://rghost.net/58249820

descriptionNaum 4.6 (64-bit only) free to you all! EmptyRe: Naum 4.6 (64-bit only) free to you all!

more_horiz
Thanks guys but Norton refuses the download! Probably a false positive!

Any idea why?

more_horiz
Thanks Graham!!!

more_horiz
sorry but this engine did not work well on infinitychess

more_horiz
@MadMax777 wrote:

Any idea why?

No idea. Norton is a pain like that sometimes.
Have you had any luck getting Naum yet?

more_horiz
@Graham Banks wrote:
@MadMax777 wrote:

Any idea why?

No idea. Norton is a pain like that sometimes.
Have you had any luck getting Naum yet?

Hello Graham, in fact sometimes Norton "exceeds" some security standards! I have forced the download and Naum is working fine as expected!
Many thanks to you and the author Alex for this special gift thumb up

more_horiz
Graham,
Big thanks to Alex for this excellent gift. However, will he be wiilling to deliver the Windows Mobile version as well?
PS: Don't laugh. I'm seriously interested to run it under WM.

more_horiz
@Gurcan Uckardes wrote:
Graham,
Big thanks to Alex for this excellent gift. However, will he be wiilling to deliver the Windows Mobile version as well?
PS: Don't laugh. I'm seriously interested to run it under WM.

No idea.
I know that Ray was hoping for an FRC version and that Ruxy is probably hoping for a 32-bit version as well.

I do know that Alex developed Naum 4.6 64-bit purely for TCEC participation initially.

more_horiz
Yes 4.6 was for TCEC only. Regarding Windows Mobile, it was 4.2. Designed to run under Pocket Grandmaster and sold separately. Today, it's totally abandoned. Maybe Alex would agree to share it because it's already available somewhere. No need to compile or anything then.

more_horiz
@Gurcan Uckardes wrote:
Yes 4.6 was for TCEC only. Regarding Windows Mobile, it was 4.2. Designed to run under Pocket Grandmaster and sold separately. Today, it's totally abandoned. Maybe Alex would agree to share it because it's already available somewhere. No need to compile or anything then.

I'll alert Alex to this thread. Hopefully we'll get some answers.

more_horiz
More compiles:

I compiled the FRC version although you should test it first to see if it works properly.
As for the post on chess2u.com and since Ray made me dig out the source code and compile it, I also compiled 32-bit version and included linux and mobile versions of 4.2 in the package. It would me to much work to make linux/mobile compiles of 4.6 and demand for those versions is small anyway.

http://speedy.sh/UTcRK/naum46.rar

Regards,
Alex

more_horiz
Mobile ones are exactly what i was dreaming of. It would be too much asking a port of v4.6. 4.2 is already an excellent surprise and i can't wait to use it on my old HTC Diamond. Big thanks again to both of you.

more_horiz
Hi Graham,

I'm following the current season of TCEC and I noticed that Naum 4.6 has lost 2 games in the current stage due to disconnects/stalls (in other words, program crashes).  Any idea whether Alex has identified the cause(s) of these crashes and whether he will be able to get a patch released before the next stage of tournament (assuming Naum 4.6 is able to qualify)?

Thanks,

Anthony

more_horiz
@apodolak wrote:
Hi Graham,

I'm following the current season of TCEC and I noticed that Naum 4.6 has lost 2 games in the current stage due to disconnects/stalls (in other words, program crashes).  Any idea whether Alex has identified the cause(s) of these crashes and whether he will be able to get a patch released before the next stage of tournament (assuming Naum 4.6 is able to qualify)?

Thanks,

Anthony

No idea. I've had no crashes at all in my 1CPU, 4CPU and 8CPU testing.
Perhaps it's a TCEC issue or 16 cores issue?

more_horiz
It is mostly blamed to 16 cores. Hannibal in season-7 and Equinox in season-6 have shown similar attitude and nothing reported up to 8 cores. As there are less ressources to test with greater number of cores by authors and testers, there are less solutions to expect naturally.

more_horiz
Thanks for the quick reply.

I would have to agree with Gurcan that it is most likely a 16 core issue as opposed to a TCEC issue as the vast majority of the other engines (with the exception of Hannibal) are not experiencing the problem.

Could you please reach out to Alex to discover whether he does indeed have access to conduct testing in a 16 core configuration? If not, or if he has time constraints, perhaps he can allow someone to do this on his behalf? I think we all would like to see how Naum truly measures up against the other world class engines on an otherwise equal environment.

more_horiz
@apodolak wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

I would have to agree with Gurcan that it is most likely a 16 core issue as opposed to a TCEC issue as the vast majority of the other engines (with the exception of Hannibal) are not experiencing the problem.

Could you please reach out to Alex to discover whether he does indeed have access to conduct testing in a 16 core configuration?  If not, or if he has time constraints, perhaps he can allow someone to do this on his behalf?  I think we all would like to see how Naum truly measures up against the other world class engines on an otherwise equal environment.

Martin may already have let Alex know, as he does have contact with him.

descriptionNaum 4.6 (64-bit only) free to you all! EmptyDo u have a copy of this "old"engine?

more_horiz
the links are not valid.....much time....
Thx in advance

@Graham Banks wrote:
The author, Alex Naumov, has asked me to provide the download link for you all. Smile

Thanks Alex!

http://speedy.sh/2xFbC/naum46-x64.rar

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum