Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionsome questions about books creation Emptysome questions about books creation

more_horiz
hi guys i have some quetions about books creation :

1_ i see people set those numbers in books setting : for ex (minimum games=0 up to move=100 and other books settings is 0-50 ect.... ) what is the base to set those numbers when i make new book?

2_ i see also in some books the number of draw games are high. its good for book to have draw games on it? and whats the difference between book build just by wins games ( for black and white) and book build by wins and draws games?

3_ what the kind of games work well if i want add learn from database?

4_ also how to tunned book manually or automatically? and when ? after the book finish it moves ( engine start analyse) or before?

descriptionsome questions about books creation EmptyRe: some questions about books creation

more_horiz
@deepfritz20 wrote:
1_ i see people set those numbers in books setting : for ex (minimum games=0 up to move=100 and other books settings is 0-50 ect.... ) what is the base to set those numbers when i make new book?

Clicking [Optimize] inside the Book parameters gives you this result:
-.#.......|.........+
-..........|......#.+
-..........|......#.+
minimum games=0
up to move=100 (This just refers to the number of half moves that your book has been "written" to play to.
I don't quote understand what you mean by "base to set those numbers", but 0-100 is regarded by most of the community as the default setting for any book.
@deepfritz20 wrote:
2_ i see also in some books the number of draw games are high. its good for book to have draw games on it? and whats the difference between book build just by wins games ( for black and white) and book build by wins and draws games?

This question will give you many different answers depending on whom you ask.
For me personally, here is how I have come to look at "draw" books and "winning" books:
"draw" books:
Pros: Draw books are simply books that have either a majority of lines that end to the middle game with a score close to =(=0.00) or a majority of games that end in a draw. The advantage of this is that the book will often avoid riskier lines for ones that are more solid with less chance of losing from that position. This can be helpful when playing against a stronger opponent.  
Cons: You will inevitably play many more drawish positions, and the possibility of losing is always apparent.
"winning" books:
Pros: "winning" books avoid drawish lines, and will play for complicated middle phase positions that give your hardware the opportunity to capitalize on the gains your book has made. In my opinion, any book that leads you in the middle game with an eval score of +-(+0.50) or higher is good.
Cons: Books that incorporate only games with wins seems like the best idea...at first. You must remember that the games you win on your computer are only as strong as the hardware you use. Therefore, using your all win book against another book or machine with strong hardware will yield losses for you in the long term simply because their winning games are better than your winning games. (Unless you get your games from stronger hardware!)
@deepfritz20 wrote:
3_ what the kind of games work well if i want add learn from database?

You can use any games that you have played on your machine, and incorporate them into your book database. There is a plethora of free available databases out there with good foundations for making books. As a rule of thumb, the newer the database is, usually the stronger it is due to updated theory. Try these games out for size: https://www.chess2u.com/t4803p195-playchess-games. Playchess games are the games with which all other databases are compared against.
@deepfritz20 wrote:
4_ also how to tunned book manually or automatically? and when ? after the book finish it moves ( engine start analyse) or before?

https://www.chess2u.com/t1000-how-to-make-and-tuned-a-ctg-opening-book

descriptionsome questions about books creation EmptyRe: some questions about books creation

more_horiz
thank you very much for clear answer. i mean by ( the base to set numbers) for ex : i make book always give it 0-100 ? or there is a rules to set the number of minimum games and up to moves?

yes i use just engine games in my book .

i dont understand this very well :" HOWEVER! You will only get so far doing this. To further improve your book (and make it more personal!), you need to get some dirt under your nails Smile This means analysing played games, or variations you want your engine to play, and then expand the book in these lines by adding green moves "

how to analysing played games in deepfritz14 . is by clicking in deep analysis → deep position
analysis ? or clicking home → infinite analysis ? and when i start analysing ? in the beginning ? or when the book moves finish? ( engine start analyse) . i try infinite analysis and it take much time.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum