Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Fire 4 is availabe

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyFire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
http://chesslogik.wix.com/fire

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
its not working on my 32 bit xp

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
Fire_4_x64.exe 24.6 MB

Is he trying to hide something wink  eek rolleyes

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz

Code:

Fire 4 has been completely re-engineered from top to bottom,
and does not use any source code from (or closely related to) Ippolit.


from Stockfish? wink confused

SRC?

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
https://www.chess2u.com/t3584p45-fire-tests#62551

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
Fire 4 uses more memory (RAM) than it should. This can make Fire 4 slower ?!?!

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyFire 4 is available

more_horiz
Nicolas wrote:
Fire 4 uses more memory (RAM) than it should. This can make Fire 4 slower ?!?!


Hi Nicholas-

I tried some different things concerning memory management, the foremost is utilizing thread local storage SMP...,
which minimizes the 'shared' resources among threads...ie each thread maintains data local to the thread.
This increases MP speed by reducing the need for synchronization...thread locking/waiting/ etc.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/use-thread-local-storage-to-reduce-synchronization

so from a memory management perspective, Fire is somewhat of a unique implementation.
(I'm not aware of any other engine doing this)

Commit and Private seem unaffected, but Working Set bumps up a bit.

Don't forget: RMs Syzygy TB code automatically caches TB hits via the OS...it's normal to see RAM usage climb while utilizing Syzygy bases.

here's a Resource Monitor comparison with SF (both 6 cores - 128 Mb hash) to illustrate the point
http://www.chesslogik.com/images/Fire-SF-mem.jpg

Regards-
Norm

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
@mcdiniz wrote:


Thanks Norm. cool

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyFire 4

more_horiz
Is there a mirror? I cant download it for some reason. Thanks

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
https://www.virustotal.com/sv/url/28cdcce451e2a2bddcd9410a90bb3fa30c2be41b97e0f091254beccb5b737240/analysis/ twisted

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
@sharpov wrote:
Is there a mirror? I cant download it for some reason. Thanks


maybe this:
http://users.telenet.be/chesslogik/downloads/Fire_4.rar

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyFire 4

more_horiz
Thanks gentlemen, I got it from the regular download on the fire page. Tested a 3/3 same openings reverse colors small test means nothing really but here it is from my i3: Fire 3.0 +9-7=4 Fire 4 +7-9=4. They do play very different, they differed quite a bit in the analysis window and I do feel that the slower time controls will increase fire 4 in strength. This was only twenty games so it should be taken for just that!

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
For those interested, I'm running a 390 game gauntlet for CCRL 40/40.
Live broadcast in TLCV
GrahamCCRL.dyndns.org
16073

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
@kranium wrote:
@sharpov wrote:
Is there a mirror? I cant download it for some reason. Thanks


maybe this:
http://users.telenet.be/chesslogik/downloads/Fire_4.rar

I am going to test this version. Any new Fire at the horizon? wink

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:
@kranium wrote:
@sharpov wrote:
Is there a mirror? I cant download it for some reason. Thanks


maybe this:
http://users.telenet.be/chesslogik/downloads/Fire_4.rar

I am going to test this version. Any new Fire at the horizon? wink


Hi Vladimir!

No, just possibly a 4.1 maintenance release to address some compatibility issues, etc.
(for ex it won't run in Shredder or ChessAssistant GUI at the moment)
and this compile doesn't like certain AMD processors, ie bulldozer)

but nothing major or strength related, so I recommend testing this release.

Many thanks for your time and effort!

Norm

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
Thanks Norm.

@kranium wrote:
No, just possibly a 4.1 maintenance release to address some compatibility issues, etc.
(for ex it won't run in Shredder or ChessAssistant GUI at the moment)

Hmm, I use Shredder Classic 4 and It works quite well (so far).

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:
Thanks Norm.

@kranium wrote:
No, just possibly a 4.1 maintenance release to address some compatibility issues, etc.
(for ex it won't run in Shredder or ChessAssistant GUI at the moment)

Hmm, I use Shredder Classic 4 and It works quite well (so far).


Great, that's good to know, thx
(a user on Immortal had reported it wasn't working, not sure which version though)

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
Fire 4 x64 Gauntlet
https://www.chess2u.com/t9183-fire-4-x64-gauntlet

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
Can I ask why the binary is too big in size, albeit it is already packed with mpress? The uncompressed version is even bigger (50mb++)!

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
@nabildanial93 wrote:
Can I ask why the binary is too big in size, albeit it is already packed with mpress? The uncompressed version is even bigger (50mb++)!


Truthfully, I don't understand exactly why it's a big exe...
it might have something to do with compiler optimizations, etc.
I tried VC2010, 2012, and 2013, result was the same,
but as long as it runs and is stable, that's all I care about!

(Packing it only helped 1-2%)

descriptionFire 4 is availabe Emptychess960

more_horiz
Is a chess960 exe available ?

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
@computerchess wrote:
Is a chess960 exe available ?


unfortunately no,
but I'm a huge fan of FRC and will try to include it for next release.
thumb up

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
[pgn][Event "3 Minutes/Game"]
[Site "Fire 4 x64 Gauntlet"]
[Date "2014.12.09"]
[Round "98.4"]
[White "Fire 4 x64"]
[Black "Houdini 4 Pro x64"]
[Result "1-0"]
[PlyCount "49"]
[EventDate "2014.??.??"]

1. d4 {book 0s} f5 {book 0s} 2. g3 {book 0s} g6 {book 0s} 3. Bg2 {book 0s} Nf6
{book 0s} 4. Nh3 {book 0s} Bg7 {book 0s} 5. c3 {book 0s} O-O {book 0s} 6. Nf4 {
0.28/16 7} d5 {0.25/16 4 (Nc6)} 7. h4 {0.30/16 6 (Nd3)} Re8 {0.22/16 4 (Nc6)}
8. h5 {0.40/14 5} g5 {0.22/14 0} 9. h6 {0.32/15 3} gxf4 {0.38/14 2} 10. hxg7 {
0.29/15 7} fxg3 {0.36/13 0} 11. fxg3 {0.27/16 14} Nbd7 {0.29/16 17 (Nc6)} 12.
Qd3 {0.50/12 4 (Qc2)} e6 {0.23/16 4} 13. g4 {0.44/13 6 (Bg5)} fxg4 {0.18/16 8
(Qe7)} 14. Bh6 {0.64/14 3 (Bg5)} Qe7 {-0.15/15 4 (Re7)} 15. Na3 {0.64/14 4
(Nd2)} c6 {-0.20/16 1 (e5)} 16. O-O-O {0.64/14 5 (Nc2)} e5 {-0.25/15 4 (Qf7)}
17. Nc2 {0.67/15 6} exd4 {-0.15/16 2 (Qf7)} 18. cxd4 {0.58/14 1 (Nxd4)} Qxe2 {
0.22/15 2} 19. Qg3 {1.47/14 9} Qe6 {0.21/15 8} 20. Rde1 {1.10/14 0 (Rdf1)} Qf7
{0.69/16 13} 21. Qd6 {1.12/14 1} a5 {0.96/16 6 (b5)} 22. Rhf1 {1.84/13 0 (Kb1)}
Rxe1+ {3.93/17 15} 23. Nxe1 {2.66/13 0 (Rxe1)} b6 {5.32/16 7 (a4)} 24. Rf5 {3.
02/16 1 (Qxc6)} Qe8 {6.91/17 3} 25. Nd3 {5.84/13 9 (Re5)} 1-0

[/pgn]

#short_and_sweet

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
[pgn][Event "3 Minutes/Game"]
[Site "Fire 4 x64 Gauntlet"]
[Date "2014.12.09"]
[Round "142.1"]
[White "Fire 3.0 x64"]
[Black "Fire 4 x64"]
[Result "1-0"]
[PlyCount "51"]
[EventDate "2014.??.??"]

1. d4 {book 0s} Nf6 {book 0s} 2. c4 {book 0s} c5 {book 0s} 3. d5 {book 0s} e6 {
book 0s} 4. Nc3 {book 0s} exd5 {book 0s} 5. cxd5 {book 0s} d6 {book 0s} 6. e4 {
book 0s} g6 {book 0s} 7. f4 {book 0s} Bg7 {0.26/15 2} 8. Bb5+ {book 0s} Nfd7 {
0.17/16 4} 9. Be2 {book 0s (Nf3)} O-O {book 0s} 10. Nf3 {0.02/18 7} Bxc3+ {0.
14/15 5 (Re8)} 11. bxc3 {0.27/18 2} Nf6 {0.17/15 2 (Re8)} 12. e5 {0.04/19 15}
dxe5 {0.04/15 1} 13. fxe5 {0.09/19 6} Nxd5 {0.12/16 2} 14. Bg5 {0.09/19 1} Qd7
{0.02/14 3} 15. Qc1 {0.10/19 12 (Qb3)} Re8 {0.26/15 23} 16. O-O {0.28/18 11} c4
{0.48/15 39} 17. Bxc4 {0.20/17 6} Qc6 {0.56/13 3} 18. Bxd5 {0.32/16 1} Qxd5 {
0.47/14 4} 19. Kh1 {0.33/17 0 (Qf4)} Qc5 {0.48/13 2 (Be6)} 20. Qf4 {0.63/15 1}
Bf5 {0.52/14 14 (Nc6)} 21. Rad1 {0.61/15 0} Na6 {0.55/13 1} 22. Rd6 {2.40/16 8
(g4)} Qb5 {1.31/12 2 (Re6)} 23. c4 {7.62/14 3 (Rfd1)} Qa4 {4.41/12 5 (Qd7)} 24.
Bf6 {12.00/14 3 (Nd4)} g5 {12.70/11 12 (Qxc4)} 25. Qxf5 {21.16/10 1} Qc2 {16.
41/13 9} 26. Qxc2 {21.16/8 0} 1-0

[/pgn]

#short_and_sweet

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
@kranium wrote:
@nabildanial93 wrote:
Can I ask why the binary is too big in size, albeit it is already packed with mpress? The uncompressed version is even bigger (50mb++)!


Truthfully, I don't understand exactly why it's a big exe...
it might have something to do with compiler optimizations, etc.
I tried VC2010, 2012, and 2013, result was the same,
but as long as it runs and is stable, that's all I care about!

(Packing it only helped 1-2%)

Hi no there's no book hidden in there. Its just the way Kranium has compiled it. Basically the actual engine is only 150Kb but the EXE file has been blown up to 25Mb during the compile. The rest of it is just empty so 99% of the EXE files contains a simple block of 0-bytes with no code or data. It doesn't do any harm or affect the perfromance of the engine, but may use slightly more RAM as a result.

descriptionFire 4 is availabe EmptyRe: Fire 4 is availabe

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum