Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 6 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
hmm Stockfish clone think seems like it is defeating stockfish5/houdini 4/komodo in many games. wink

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 6 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
s.chess wrote:
hmm Stockfish clone think

Great guess and I bet you're right! bigsmile

more_horiz
Planning to run Multi-Thread on the new Heron

more_horiz
New Heron impossible improvements:

1.Time
2.Pawns

I use date for my engine because I think with just some changes
I cannot say that for example this is 1.1 or 1.5 and since the first
Version of heron I released about 1000 herons and just I give you
Herons that was improved.
I really like to release it just with this names(final versions just):
1, 2, 3 and ...
And with some improves I think date is better my friend.
Big hug

more_horiz
ok ... you already have an estimated Elo strength for this new version ..? ... when you think you can release it. next week? maybe ... - hug

more_horiz
Hi all.
2 days remaining to uploading Heron impossible 311014.
It is 8-15 elo stronger than Heron impossible 1.

It still too weak for beat the great Stockfish.

Regards

more_horiz
Look forward to it. Thanks seyyedmostafakhatami.

more_horiz
Hi all.

Heron impossible 311014 link:
mediafire.com ?afo1of6v543sh4b

Note:
This version works with same dll's of previous version.

Thank to:
Thank for testing heron impossible from my friends
but please use ChessBase GUI for test.
Heron is not match to Arena.
You will see very better results.

Any question?

more_horiz
Hi..will run some games with it..but still no syzygy..

Ipman.

more_horiz
Sayyid friend ... thank for this great engine ... big hug

more_horiz
Mr. Ipman

Thank you for testing Heron impossible.
I am so sorry for TB.
I'm working on TB.
It makes Heron very slow and I am trying to fix it but it so
difficult because no problems were in compile but I dont
know why it is very slow...

Dear mcdiniz,
I hope it makes you happy

more_horiz
Sayyid friend .. sure it does ... I'm running a tournament, with two keys .. 47engines with each .. just for the pleasure of seeing good games .. the key A.. The lead is Stockfish 5 ... Heron leads in key B games .... 120 min ... I did upgrade this new version will surely make ... beautiful .... big hug

more_horiz
hi sayyid, thanks for your engine smile  what is difference betwen intel and mingw?
i have intel i5 processor and previously i ran heron 1.0 x64 sse4.2 size 1382kb

now i see intel 437kb and mingw 1384kb - the intel wants another file to work also

little confused.... which version is best for me?

/add - have you matched version heron 1.0 vs this new heron ? result??

more_horiz
Thank you mcdiniz.
I am waiting for results.

I love my fans

more_horiz
@Kyodai wrote:
hi sayyid, thanks for your engine smile  what is difference betwen intel and mingw?

now i see intel 437kb and mingw 1384kb - the intel wants another file to work also

Hello.
MinGW SSE 4.2 is the best for you.
MinGW just does not require dll!
Yes I tested it alot.
Surely it is 8-15 elo better...

more_horiz
@Kyodai wrote:

msvc p 120 dll is missing

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 6 EmptyNew Heron

more_horiz
Link?

more_horiz
Hey friends.look at previous pages of this topic for download dlls

more_horiz
@seyyedmostafakhatami wrote:
@Jaglo wrote:
Can you prepare the version for old Pentium 4 processors (SSE2)?

Hello,

Yes, next version will be...

will be such version?

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 6 EmptyHeron 280814 vs Heron 311014 100 rounds for 1 minutes / 0 inc

more_horiz
Moves to Heron Test Thread

Last edited by hafaba on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Move to correct thread - sorry!)

more_horiz
@THE LION wrote:

msvc p 120 dll is missing

Download from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

more_horiz

Thank to:
Heron is not match to Arena.

I dont have Chessbase and cant afford to buy one. Hopefully a test on Arena GUI will help you to fine tune Heron so that it is not specific to one particular Chess GUI but will perform at it optimum ability reagardless of any GUI used.

Apart from Arena GUI, I also use Crafty GUI to run some test involving Heron especially involving thousands of games (not publish yet). From my test - I see that Heron still one of the strongest chess engine running under Arena or Crafty GUI.

Really hope that you continue developing Heron and implement new searching technology, prunning, evaluation, LMR etc plus a support of Sygyzy TB and may be involving some online TB.

I will still using Arena to run test involving Heron unless if you refuse to let me test it under Arena.

Big Hug for your new Heron ! Hero in the makiNg.

more_horiz
SSE 2  will upload 1 or 2 days next!

more_horiz
@hafaba wrote:

Thank to:
Heron is not match to Arena.s

I dont have Chessbase and cant afford to buy one. Hopefully a test on Arena GUI will help you to fine tune Heron so that it is not specific to one particular Chess GUI but will perform at it optimum ability reagardless of any GUI used.

Apart from Arena GUI, I also use Crafty GUI to run some test involving Heron especially involving thousands of games (not publish yet). From my test - I see that Heron still one of the strongest chess engine running under Arena or Crafty GUI.

Really hope that you continue developing Heron and implement new searching technology, prunning, evaluation, LMR etc plus a support of Sygyzy TB and may be involving some online TB.

I will still using Arena to run test involving Heron unless if you refuse to let me test it under Arena.

Big Hug for your new Heron ! Hero in the makiNg.

Dear friend,
I will so happy if you test Heron impossible.
Arena or ChessBase just was advice for testing!
You are a good man that are help me.
Big Like for tests

more_horiz
All friends!

If you got test heron impossible new Vs old,
please give results.
Thx all

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum