Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Ok Kazo I´ll keep waiting

I wish you the best in the developing process of the engine wink

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
dear Kazo, .. we are waiting for your windows version, big hug ...

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Sugar v4.1 (Stockfish clone)
compile by tretola aka marco zerbinati aka sir black king aka amos 4ever
http://rghost.net/60556737

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Straight out Stockfish clone. Moderators should remove this to where it belongs (preferably the trash can).

See here
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55045&start=0
http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforum/topic_show.pl?tid=29796
http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforum/topic_show.pl?tid=29791

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
OTHER LINK PLEAS

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Graham Banks wrote:
Straight out Stockfish clone. ....


Taipan or Laznik? confused

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
drogba999eto wrote:
OTHER LINK PLEAS


http://rghost.net/60561757

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Hossam wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Straight out Stockfish clone. ....


Taipan or Laznik? confused


Both.

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Laznik for Win ? Please.

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyNabo

more_horiz
Hi,

I have finally constructed my first UCI chess engine, dubbed Nabo. It's strength would be probably around 2300-2200 elo or lower. Remember that I am only guessing, I still don't know it's true strength as I have never played it against any engine except itself.

Nabo has a very unique style, it plays for the win and can be solid.

It would be absolutely fantastic if you would include it in your engine tournament if you have one, and give us an estimate elo of it.

Download; 2shared.com/file/yDG3RKbk/Nabo.html

Regards,
Everad Regulo

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 Empty32bit and 64bit

more_horiz
I forgot to mention, the download file has both the 32bit and 64bit versions. smile

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Ah, I forgot to mention that Nabo also supports Fischer Random aka Chess960. I will be twice as happy to see it excel in Chess960 than normal chess because more effort was exerted on it's Chess960 play.

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Thanks.   cool
I'll check it out for my Amateur Series.

Should it be called Nabo 1.0?

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
This is the first release and version of Nabo, so yes. 1.0 is it.

And once again, thanks for adding my chess engine to your much-respected tournament. I can't wait to see it play against other engines.  smile

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Graham Banks wrote:
Thanks.   cool
I'll check it out for my Amateur Series.

Should it be called Nabo 1.0?


Is one more Stockfish, packed with UPX.
Do not waste time
and improve their health, hope a speedy recovery. thumb up thumb up

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Why is the engine called Nabo?
What does Nabo mean?

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
velmarin wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Thanks.   cool
I'll check it out for my Amateur Series.

Should it be called Nabo 1.0?


Is one more Stockfish, packed with UPX.
Do not waste time
and improve their health, hope a speedy recovery. thumb up thumb up


Hi,


Yes. The initial compiled executable weighed heavy, so I used UPX to compress it to a smaller size. And it is not Stockfish.

Everad

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Graham Banks wrote:
Why is the engine called Nabo?
What does Nabo mean?


Nabo is a very stellar-sounding word that I came up with, it means nothing. You should ask why Texel is called Texel! bigsmile

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Everad wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Why is the engine called Nabo?
What does Nabo mean?


Nabo is a very stellar-sounding word that I came up with, it means nothing. You should ask why Texel is called Texel! bigsmile


Texel has several sensible meanings when I google it, but Nabo supposedly means something like dick in Spanish.

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Graham Banks wrote:
Everad wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Why is the engine called Nabo?
What does Nabo mean?


Nabo is a very stellar-sounding word that I came up with, it means nothing. You should ask why Texel is called Texel! bigsmile


Texel has several sensible meanings when I google it, but Nabo supposedly means something like dick in Spanish.


I did some research as of now, and Nabo actually means "silly" or "stupid person" in Spanish. http://www.megaspanish.com/slang/country/uruguay/nabo



descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Everad wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Everad wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Why is the engine called Nabo?
What does Nabo mean?


Nabo is a very stellar-sounding word that I came up with, it means nothing. You should ask why Texel is called Texel! bigsmile


Texel has several sensible meanings when I google it, but Nabo supposedly means something like dick in Spanish.


I did some research as of now, and Nabo actually means "silly" or "stupid person" in Spanish. http://www.megaspanish.com/slang/country/uruguay/nabo





Okay - definitely sounds better than dick. Couldn't really have a penis as your logo.   lol

Last edited by Graham Banks on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Everad wrote:
velmarin wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Thanks.   cool
I'll check it out for my Amateur Series.

Should it be called Nabo 1.0?


Is one more Stockfish, packed with UPX.
Do not waste time
and improve their health, hope a speedy recovery. thumb up thumb up


Hi,


Yes. The initial compiled executable weighed heavy, so I used UPX to compress it to a smaller size. And it is not Stockfish.

Everad


I will not argue with you, do what you want.
Nabo is Stockfish, I've unpacked.
With support Syzygy, SMP, ect.

Is your project. twisted twisted

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
velmarin wrote:
Everad wrote:
..........it is not Stockfish.

Everad


I will not argue with you, do what you want.
Nabo is Stockfish, I've unpacked.
With support Syzygy, SMP, ect.

Is your project. twisted twisted


Hmmm - think I'll hold off on testing Nabo for now.

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Hi Grahan.

Nabo in Spanish is how a pumpkin a zucchini, ect normally eat animals.

But we know that its form is used how sexual ....

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
velmarin wrote:
Hi Grahan.

Nabo in Spanish is how a calbaza a zucchini, ect normally eat animals.

But we know that its form is used how sexual ....


I don't see how this would make Nabo a Stockfish clone. You have only exposed Nabo's method of move search (SMP), that is it. Yes, it supports syzygy but it's code is not "fully" functional at this stage. I hope in the next release, it'll be stable.

Many engines support SMP and syzygy: http://computer-chess.org/doku.php?id=computer_chess:wiki:lists:smp_engine_list

SMP is a trend in computer chess, and it's the fastest and the most precise way of calculating chess moves. And it's relatively easy to implement it too, like Bouqeut and Texel have done. If you think Nabo is Stockfish simply because it supports syzygy (which by the way, isn't fully functional) and SMP (which is used by almost every chess engine these days and is easy to work around with) then Shredder, Strelka, Houdini, Rybka...etc are clones of Stockfish too!

descriptionStockfish Clones and Derivatives - Page 11 EmptyRe: Stockfish Clones and Derivatives

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum