Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionbest opening book for analysis? Emptybest opening book for analysis?

more_horiz
This will probably have been answered before so i am sorry beforehand
What is the best opening book to use as a help to analyse openings?For example building a repertoire.
I am intersted in both commercial and free books and I dont care about size as long as it is good
thanks in advance

descriptionbest opening book for analysis? EmptyRe: best opening book for analysis?

more_horiz
Hiarcs.ctg (commercial)
Rising Star.ctg (free)
My Friends BTB.ctg 33GB (free)

descriptionbest opening book for analysis? EmptyRe: best opening book for analysis?

more_horiz
and should i assume that hiarcs is the best of the 3 since it is commercial?

more_horiz
Not necessarily. Commercial opening books are not better than free opening books just because they are commercial. Rising_Star.ctg is a good book because it has up-to-date opening lines. Hiarcs.ctg is a good commercial opening book due to it's reputation of constantly being updated to current opening theory. If you want the best commercial opening book that money can buy, try 1337chess_PRO.ctg.

more_horiz
@koutou wrote:
and should i assume that hiarcs is the best of the 3 since it is commercial?

No, just 3 different theories.
I mean...

Hiarcs.ctg (for chess studying...)
Rising Star.ctg (for engines games...)
My Friends BTB.ctg 33GB (a very huge book with many lines...)

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:

No, just 3 different theories.
I mean...

Hiarcs.ctg (for chess studying...)
Rising Star.ctg (for engines games...)
My Friends BTB.ctg 33GB (a very huge book with many lines...)

Also, Hiarcs.ctg consists of both grandmaster human games and engine games, while Rising_Star.ctg consists of only engine games. biggrin

more_horiz
thanks a lot guys!you were really helpful

more_horiz
@Nathanael Russell wrote:
. Rising_Star.ctg is a good book because it has up-to-date opening lines..

so it's mean some periods rising star get up date lines like sicilian hunt? regard

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum