Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionChess opening sampler EmptyChess opening sampler

more_horiz
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/tools/opening-sampler/

How many times you thought "Why even in 50 games match do I get double openings with this huge opening book? Should I try an even larger book? Or may be tweak the variety slider? (Thus getting more frequent unbalanced openings too)"

Here is one possible solution. This site provides a random duplicate-free sample from your favorite opening suite. Just select an opening suite, and the number of positions, and click "Sample".

Copy-paste the output into a .pgn file (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, etc.) and choose it as an opening database in your tournament GUI. If you'll use each position twice with alternating colors, you need just N/2 positions obviously.

More information at link

This tool is made and hosted by Kirill Kryukov. All included opening suites are made by their respective authors. Ray Banks and Adam Hair contributed ideas and inspiring discussion.

PGN files can be downloaded here.

Other related tools:
•PGN-Selection by Volker Annuss and Frank Quisinsky. I'm not sure if/where it is still available, but here is a CCC thread about it.
•ChessGUI has similar function, according to Matthias Gemuh (message)
Graham

descriptionChess opening sampler EmptyRe: Chess opening sampler

more_horiz
@Tomfl wrote:
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/tools/opening-sampler/

How many times you thought "Why even in 50 games match do I get double openings with this huge opening book? Should I try an even larger book? Or may be tweak the variety slider? (Thus getting more frequent unbalanced openings too)"

Here is one possible solution. This site provides a random duplicate-free sample from your favorite opening suite. Just select an opening suite, and the number of positions, and click "Sample".

Copy-paste the output into a .pgn file (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, etc.) and choose it as an opening database in your tournament GUI. If you'll use each position twice with alternating colors, you need just N/2 positions obviously.

More information at link

This tool is made and hosted by Kirill Kryukov. All included opening suites are made by their respective authors. Ray Banks and Adam Hair contributed ideas and inspiring discussion.

PGN files can be downloaded here.

Other related tools:
•PGN-Selection by Volker Annuss and Frank Quisinsky. I'm not sure if/where it is still available, but here is a CCC thread about it.
•ChessGUI has similar function, according to Matthias Gemuh (message)
Graham

Having some problems here. I tried duplicating 200 move opening using swcr fq--v4.1 pgn

selected to limit to 200 moves generated output and copied.

Here I ran into trouble I created a blank textfile (database) but when I try to paste into the open text fdile nothing happens

What am I doing wrong ? I have a 200 moves.pgn file with no gamnes in it but when I pasted into it nothing happens

more_horiz
Not sure what exactly you're trying to do.
Are you trying to create a ChessGUI opening book from a PGN file?

more_horiz
@Graham Banks wrote:

No trying to create test suite for chessbase gui 14. Is that sampler only for chessgui ?

more_horiz
@Tomfl wrote:
@Graham Banks wrote:

No trying to create test suite for chessbase gui 14. Is that sampler only for chessgui ?

Not sure.
I've never bothered with test suites, so I'm no help with this one. sad

more_horiz
@Graham Banks wrote:
@Tomfl wrote:
@Graham Banks wrote:

Not sure.
I've never bothered with test suites, so I'm no help with this one.   sad

Graham I'm shocked. lol

more_horiz
@Graham Banks wrote:
@Tomfl wrote:
@Graham Banks wrote:

Not sure.
I've never bothered with test suites, so I'm no help with this one.   sad

Ok I figured it out. It will work with chessbase

The trick is save the output with a file name like mytestsuite25.pgn or name# of positions.pgn

cntrl a on output
cntrl c on output

You can use a text editor like notepad to save as, with save as type = all files

open up notepad
cntrl V to paste data into notepad
save as (under file)
save as type = all files
enter name = mytestsuite25.pgn or whatever you choose.pgn
save

this will create a file chessbase can use

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum