Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionRecognizing all Nucleos EmptyRecognizing all Nucleos

more_horiz
Hello Friends. how to make Stockfish recognize all standard for computer cores and not just one that is in own executable file it recognize all the pc nuclei as Houdini does. is there any tool or a process for that ?

descriptionRecognizing all Nucleos EmptyRe: Recognizing all Nucleos

more_horiz
Stockfish, Komodo and other engines leave how default one core.
The reason is that no load and collapse the operating system.
For example when using two motors to analyze, to boot you second engine can lock the machine.
All GUIs have the procedure for making a setting.
I think the right thing, but not to everyone's taste.

more_horiz
@velmarin wrote:
For example when using two motors to analyze, to boot you second engine can lock the machine.

You do not understand the question  rolleyes  ... I did not ask why Stockfish come with 1 core by Default ... that I already know ... I asked how modify it and make it recognize all the CPU cores. EX: Dual Core recognized by default = 2 nuclei. Quad Core = 4 by default had recognized Nucleos and Octa Core = 8 had recognized Nucleos. Get it ?

more_horiz
@FOREVERWAT wrote:
@velmarin wrote:

You do not understand the question  rolleyes  ... I did not ask why Stockfish come with 1 core by Default ... that I already know ... I asked how modify it and make it recognize all the CPU cores. EX: Dual Core recognized by default = 2 nuclei. Quad Core = 4 by default had recognized Nucleos and Octa Core = 8 had recognized Nucleos. Get it ?

You set the number of threads in the parameters.

more_horiz
@Graham Banks wrote:
@FOREVERWAT wrote:
@velmarin wrote:

You set the number of threads in the parameters.

Not Graham... this I already know. Change the nuclei number in the GUI and engine parameters is easy. What I still do not know and would like to know is how to make Stockfish recognize all processor cores  by default ie in own executable file. For to make clear: I' want that Stockfish recognize all the processor cores in own executable file and not using any GUI and let alone Polyglot. Is there any tool for this?

more_horiz
Perhaps this question is of interest of many ...  smile  Someone with enough knowledge could answer ?  think

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum