Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Stockfish

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
Stockfish (17-09-2013)

Windows x64 for modern computers + sse4.2
Windows x64 for modern computers
Windows x64
Windows 32
Linux x64 for modern computers + sse4.2
Linux x64 for modern computers
Linux x64

changelog:
https://github.com/mcostalba/Stockfish/commits/master


Increase Emergency Move Time to 10

Goes in the direction of avoiding time losses and seems
equivalent after almost 40K games at super fast TC of 10+0.05

ELO: 2.41 +-2.3 (95%) LOS: 98.1%
Total: 37222 W: 7843 L: 7585 D: 21794

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
TC update again:

Code:

Author: Marco Costalba
Date: Thu Sep 19 07:26:36 2013 +0200
Timestamp: 1379568396

Increase Emergency Move Time to 20

Goes in the direction of avoiding time losses and seems
equivalent after almost 40K games at super fast TC of 10+0.05

ELO: 2.61 +-2.2 (95%) LOS: 99.1%
Total: 39869 W: 8258 L: 7959 D: 23652

No functional change.

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
http://abrok.eu/stockfish/

Author: Marco Costalba
Date: Mon Sep 23 07:59:51 2013 +0200
Timestamp: 1379915991

Final time management setup

This is an even safer setup proposed and tested
by Alexandre Meirelles.

Regression testing of 40K games at 10+0.05 show
result is stable both against current master:

ELO: -0.29 +-2.2 (95%) LOS: 39.7%
Total: 40000 W: 8010 L: 8043 D: 23947

and again original master (the one with smallest
time parameters):

ELO: 1.71 +-2.2 (95%) LOS: 93.8%
Total: 40000 W: 8325 L: 8128 D: 23547

Alexandre verified with LittleBlitzer time losses are
greately reduced with this setup:

Games Completed = 2100 of 3000 (Avg game length = 35.745 sec)

Settings = RR/128MB/15000ms+50ms/M 1000cp for 12 moves, D 150 moves/
Time = 39200 sec elapsed, 16800 sec remaining
1. Stockfish 190913 1091.5/2100 803-720-577 (L: m=313 t=1 i=0 a=406) (D: r=278 i=91 f=136 s=8 a=64) (tpm=212.5 d=14.75 nps=925427)
2. Houdini 2.0 w32 1008.5/2100 720-803-577 (L: m=250 t=299 i=0 a=254) (D: r=278 i=91 f=136 s=8 a=64) (tpm=204.1 d=12.04 nps=1326351)

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
Today released 4 new SF versions:)

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
Stockfish 130923 with syzygy endgame tablebase support:
http://treu.ru/eng/Stockfish-master_130923_sbase_support.7z

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
is there any new update on stockfish since the latest release?

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:
is there any new update on stockfish since the latest release?
No. http://abrok.eu/stockfish/

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
Steve.R wrote:
@thorhammer wrote:
is there any new update on stockfish since the latest release?
No. http://abrok.eu/stockfish/
I want to have matches with the new versions!! thumb up thumb up 

and from the new tourneys

I'll run the tourney with a new opening book

I downloaded dozens of opening books for winboard

and I found a very big opening book

so the new tourney will have

the book depth of 16 or so I guess

instead of current 8 or 6 (max of 8)
since the default book I'm using is very small like 700 KB when unzipped


***


so the new tourney will have more matches (hundreds of matches at faster rate)

since the book depth is deeper

also 50 move rule is changed recently

I'm using 16 move rule and I carefully reviewed the match results and pgn file but

having 16 move rule instead of 50 move rule doesn't seem to have any big effect on the outcome and results of the matches or elo ratings

and after 120 plies the match will be a draw (so the GUI is stopping the match when 120 plies are done) thumb up thumb up thumb up






***


update:


I have finished testing various opening books

Diffusion109.bin
PCCMarch2013.bin


seem good and big enough!!

they are about the size of 50MB
which is almost 100 times bigger than the default polyglot book I used up until this point (for years)

now engines can refer to the books for 16 plies!

the GUI showed many errors
it showed some errors (I think it couldn't recognize the name of the file or the location of the file in the directory)
after changing the name, location and many things randomly
(just changed many things here and there)
after 30 minutes
I can now use the book without any errors!!  thumb up thumb up 

I used winboard for like so many years but still
I don't know how to 100% fully use every single function of winboard
winboard is like Linux
these are not easy to use
and these are for the professional ppl
(so many of my friends who tried to use winboard just gave up using it because it's so hard to use the GUI
but with winboard we can customized every single thing we can possibly imagine
it is like building an entire city from the scratch
so winboard is 100% absolute and 100% powerful)
and also both have verbose mode
command line based

to make the book work it took some time but now it's running well without any problem!! thumb up thumb up 


descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
@thorhammer wrote:
Steve.R wrote:
@thorhammer wrote:
is there any new update on stockfish since the latest release?
No. http://abrok.eu/stockfish/
I want to have matches with the new versions!! thumb up thumb up 

and from the new tourneys

I'll run the tourney with a new opening book

I downloaded dozens of opening books for winboard

and I found a very big opening book

so the new tourney will have

the book depth of 16 or so I guess

instead of current 8 or 6 (max of 8)
since the default book I'm using is very small like 700 KB when unzipped


***


so the new tourney will have more matches (hundreds of matches at faster rate)

since the book depth is deeper

also 50 move rule is changed recently

I'm using 16 move rule and I carefully reviewed the match results and pgn file but

having 16 move rule instead of 50 move rule doesn't seem to have any big effect on the outcome and results of the matches or elo ratings

and after 120 plies the match will be a draw (so the GUI is stopping the match when 120 plies are done) thumb up thumb up thumb up






***


update:


I have finished testing various opening books

Diffusion109.bin
PCCMarch2013.bin


seem good and big enough!!

they are about the size of 50MB
which is almost 100 times bigger than the default polyglot book I used up until this point (for years)

now engines can refer to the books for 16 plies!

the GUI showed many errors
it showed some errors (I think it couldn't recognize the name of the file or the location of the file in the directory)
after changing the name, location and many things randomly
(just changed many things here and there)
after 30 minutes
I can now use the book without any errors!!  thumb up thumb up 

I used winboard for like so many years but still
I don't know how to 100% fully use every single function of winboard
winboard is like Linux
these are not easy to use
and these are for the professional ppl
(so many of my friends who tried to use winboard just gave up using it because it's so hard to use the GUI
but with winboard we can customized every single thing we can possibly imagine
it is like building an entire city from the scratch
so winboard is 100% absolute and 100% powerful)
and also both have verbose mode
command line based

to make the book work it took some time but now it's running well without any problem!! thumb up thumb up 





so it is not possible to learn everything there is to know about using winboard even if we spend 10 hours every day for 1 year 1 guess



***


and there are 4 updates of stockfish!!!

stockfish Sep 27


descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
Please upload for me Stockfish 280913 in mediafire or other upload site. Thank you !

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
@Beboncho wrote:
Please upload for me Stockfish 280913 in mediafire or other upload site. Thank you !
http://abrok.eu/stockfish/

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
Yes, i know for this site, but not load...

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
Beboncho wrote:
Please upload for me Stockfish 280913 in mediafire or other upload site. Thank you !http://www.mediafire.com/download/3c6rv71er6crckc/Software.rar

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
mediafire.com download/3c6rv71er6crckc/Software.rar

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
Thank you !

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
any stockfish sept29 sse4.2 for windows x32?

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
master vs sf_4_base diff
http://tests.stockfishchess.org/tests/view/52479d200ebc591a31ad9203

ELO: 33.49 +-2.8 (95%) LOS: 100.0%
Total: 20000 W: 4493 L: 2571 D: 12936
go go stockfish! clap cool

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
http://abrok.eu/stockfish/
https://github.com/mcostalba/Stockfish/commits/master
on these pages

Sep 29 is the latest

but

Stockfish 011013 64 SSE4.2I
Oct 1st version is already released and tested

how can it happen???


so there is no new updates of stockfish after Sep 29?

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyStockfish 011013

more_horiz
Right now on the stockfish development site the last version is Sept 29, the 011013 version mentioned on the immortal chess forum site is a compile from Ipman, an immortal forum site member, which supports both large pages and syzygy bases. This version seems quite strong and has been tested to some degree. For those of you interested in that version, it can be downloaded here Stockfish 011013 . Enjoy!!

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
for w32 bit pls?

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
@chuckyblack wrote:
for w32 bit pls?
Sorry, a 32 bit compile was not made and don't know if one will.

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
@semeah wrote:
Right now on the stockfish development site the last version is Sept 29, the 011013 version mentioned on the immortal chess forum site is a compile from Ipman, an immortal forum site member, which supports both large pages and syzygy bases. This version seems quite strong and has been tested to some degree. For those of you interested in that version, it can be downloaded here Stockfish 011013 . Enjoy!!
this engine is only for SSE42, I asked to peterpan and ipman to built one for pc 64 bits no sse42 . I am awaiting their answer

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
[MODERATION]

Forum Rules: 11 - Posting links to sites that offer illegal material is not permitted.

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz



I wondered why there was a long drought of stockfish dev versions

so I paid a visit to the "stockfish testing framework" homepage

they show somethings which are complex


***


of 2 pictures enclosed
in the picture where there is a "hide" button

0 test is pending
and it shows "none"
so test is under way

does that mean there is no development of an engine now?


***


in another picture where there are numerous green and red horizontal bars

take a look at
2013 Oct 3

LLR 2.95
what does that mean?

(-2.94, 2.94)
what could it possibly mean?

[-1.50, 4.50]
and what are those???


***


when it comes to the matter of
2013 Oct 2

Elo: 33.90

does that mean there was the elo increase of 33 point there for that version?

+-2.0
I think this means the error gap and error fluctuation

they have run 40k matches and that's a lot
so the error gap is only +-2.0 I guess

(95%) LOS 100%
and what are these?



Stockfish - Page 4 Qer10



Stockfish - Page 4 Qrqqaa10



questions of the importance:

does this show the existence of the stockfish 2013 Oct 2nd and 3rd versions?

and what does sprt mean?


***


I had a plethora of questions
I was curious for and wondered about these questions
and if you know the answers,
if you got the knowledge,
you can impart the knowledge to all of us!

thx in advance

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
do you think there will be no more stockfish release for a long time?

descriptionStockfish - Page 4 EmptyRe: Stockfish

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum