Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Stockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess

descriptionStockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 EmptyChess for Beginners with GM Alejandro Ramirez (Opening Ideas

more_horiz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNO9KCloLRE

Last edited by WorldChessNews on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionStockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 EmptyRe: Stockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess

more_horiz
Well I could say something...but I'm sure that the Moderators would have to remove it biggrin

Lets just say that you are showing everyone your true character. Whether you use a.r.b. or w.c.n. its still the same. rolleyes sad

descriptionStockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 EmptyChess for Beginners with GM Ben Finegold (Larson vs. Finegold

more_horiz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwmiWLebwTo

descriptionStockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 EmptyRe: Stockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess

more_horiz
@stagehand wrote:
So therefore you are informing this forum that you and your system are better than a GM....could you answer just a couple of questions
for the audience/followers.

What FIDE/ICCF ranking do you have?

You have over a number of years informed the chess world at large how you have won a few games against chess engines.

How many games would you estimate you have lost, compared to the wins?

What computer hardware are you using?

What settings do have have set on your version of Stockfish, because no matter how I have tried, my engine will not follow the same moves as the
games you have won.

@stagehand wrote:
Still no reply to my questions either...wonder why that could be,  but I am sure the forum can draw their own conclusions.  wink

For some reason you seem to be doing your best trying to evade my questions, as I said the forum can and will draw their own conclusions.
I could ask the same questions in every one of your posts regarding how you beat the engine.
I am sure that the answers would/could be interesting for the readers of the forum.  In other words I ask because I what to learn rolleyes

p.s.  Please stop posting 'Thank you Moderators! and removing your posts and then reposting the same thing, it makes the thread confusing.
        Maybe the moderators have not noticed this yet?
        Also I would have thought that the news about Stockfish support should maybe have been put in the Chess Engine section of the forum
        also why would we need a snapshot anyway. confused

@stagehand - I agree with every word you say.

descriptionStockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 EmptyNow we have 2 People Unable to Read :(

more_horiz
All Chess Engines Make The Same Mistakes! - The A.R.B Chess System

https://www.chess2u.com/t9579-all-chess-engines-make-the-same-mistakes-the-a-r-b-chess

descriptionStockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 EmptyAnthony's moves versus Stockfish 6 (Unfinished Game)

more_horiz
(My computer is running on an Intel core i5, 1.6 GHz quad core processor.  It has 6 GB of RAM, so the Hashtable size is set to 3072 MB.  Stockfish 6 64-bit is set to run on 4 CPU's, on Fritz 14)

Since Stockfish did not play the same moves on my computer as it did on Anthony's, I simply played his moves to see if the game would transpose into a position from his game, or if his moves would win the game or get black into a favorable position. (Which I guess someone can try to determine that for the final position of this game.)

Unfortunately I was unable to finish the game by entering in Anthony's moves after Stockfish played f4, because f4 would have been Anthony's next move from the original game.

[pgn]
1. d4 e6 2. Nf3 d6 3. e4 h6 4. c4 a6 5. Nc3 g6 6. Be3 b6 7. Bd3 Bg7 8. O-O Ne7
9. Qd2 Bb7 10. d5 e5 11. Bc2 Nd7 12. Rfe1 Bc8 13. a3 Nf6 14. Qe2 Ng4 15. Bd2 f5
16. Nh4 Nf6 17. f4 *
[/pgn]

Anthony might have played differently had Stockfish played these moves instead (on his computer). However, Stockfish does not allow the position to get closed.

I thought he was using 2 minutes per move as a time control and did not realize it was 3 until after analyzing. So Stockfish had 2 minutes of infinite analysis for each move.

Would you like to finish the game from here, Anthony?

more_horiz
@KASANSKY wrote:
(My computer is running on an Intel core i5, 1.6 GHz quad core processor.  It has 6 GB of RAM, so the Hashtable size is set to 3072 MB.  Stockfish 6 64-bit is set to run on 4 CPU's, on Fritz 14)

Since Stockfish did not play the same moves on my computer as it did on Anthony's, I simply played his moves to see if the game would transpose into a position from his game, or if his moves would win the game or get black into a favorable position. (Which I guess someone can try to determine that for the final position of this game.)

Unfortunately I was unable to finish the game by entering in Anthony's moves after Stockfish played f4, because f4 would have been Anthony's next move from the original game.

[pgn]
1. d4 e6 2. Nf3 d6 3. e4 h6 4. c4 a6 5. Nc3 g6 6. Be3 b6 7. Bd3 Bg7 8. O-O Ne7
9. Qd2 Bb7 10. d5 e5 11. Bc2 Nd7 12. Rfe1 Bc8 13. a3 Nf6 14. Qe2 Ng4 15. Bd2 f5
16. Nh4 Nf6 17. f4 *
[/pgn]

Anthony might have played differently had Stockfish played these moves instead (on his computer).  However, Stockfish does not allow the position to get closed.

I thought he was using 2 minutes per move as a time control and did not realize it was 3 until after analyzing.  So Stockfish had 2 minutes of infinite analysis for each move.  

Would you like to finish the game from here, Anthony?  

Are you sure that using all your available RAM on the chess program, may cause system stability issues.

descriptionStockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 EmptyReply to QueensideCastler

more_horiz
I don't know if it would cause issues, but I want the best chess from the engine.
Setting the Hashtable size too large will cause a drop in chess playing strength, probably because it takes longer for the program to do a Hashtable lookup than to calculate a move for the position.  However, I don't know if this is correct, or up to date.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/not-the-last-word-on-hash-tables

On the Internet several people have suggested to use half of the RAM on your computer.

more_horiz
What settings do have have set on your version of Stockfish, because no matter how I have tried, my engine will not follow the same moves as the
games you have won
What computer hardware are you using?

Well I have already asked this a number of times, because it makes a great deal of difference to playing skills of engines when you look at the above and answer the questions.
But of course so far he has avoided the issue/questions, because I would guess that it would show just how many faults there are with his so-called system.   rolleyes   

My advise to you would be not to waste your time on trying to work it out....he already thinks he can beat chess engines when Grandmasters are unable to, so what does that tell  you wink

As for your question about hash size, I did answer this point elsewhere, you should use any of the following (4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536, 131072, 262144 MB).
In your case I would set it at 2048
The article that you quoted was written in 2003 I see, computer hardware has moved on a great deal from then.

Last edited by stagehand on Wed May 20, 2015 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
01 – Computer Hardware (Speed)
02 – Computer Software (Windows/Linux Etc.) Optimal Configuration
03 – Move Time (Each Per Second)
04 – Ponder (On/Off) (Thinking in the Opponents Time)
05 – Engine Evaluation is = (Which will Make the Engine Play from a Random Choice of = Moves)
06 – Move Pruning/Selectivity (Part of How the Engine makes a Choice for it's Best Move)
07 – Other Built in Special Move Conditional Algorithms

Avoiding the question again cool  

Let me try to put the question whereby you may understand it.  

What processor does your computer have?
What system 32/64 bit?
How much memory does your computer have?
How much hash does YOUR chess engine have?
My computer is running on an Intel core i5, 1.6 GHz quad core processor.  It has 6 GB of RAM, so the Hashtable size is set to 3072 MB.  Stockfish 6 64-bit is set to run on 4 CPU's, on Fritz 14)

Just like the quote...

Also why is it that no one else seems to be able to get their engine to play the same weak moves that yours does??

Last edited by stagehand on Wed May 20, 2015 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Avoiding the question yet again. clap

It does not take much brain power to work out why. rolleyes

more_horiz
What processor does your computer have?
What system 32/64 bit?
How much memory does your computer have?
How much hash does YOUR chess engine have?

While I think of it..I have another question ...not that you will answer it exclaim

Who adjourned the game as a win for you?  I assume yourself  question

Now are you once again going to move your post to the bottom ...... rather than giving us all some simple answers? rolleyes

descriptionStockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 EmptyReply to World Chess News

more_horiz
Before I respond to your post, I was wondering if you could play another game against Stockfish, and this time post moves on this forum and I will post Stockfish's response after 3 minutes:sm010:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On my computer Stockfish started making different moves before 17. f4  

Look at the PGN game that I posted, The final position is when I couldn't enter in another one of your moves because in your game you played f4, and f4 is impossible to play in this position.  (I played your moves for black and Stockfish played White.)

All I am saying is that I could not keep going.
I was trying to see if it would play moves that would get back to a position from your game, and then see if Stockfish would play the same moves it played in your game.

I was not trying to see if your exact sequence of moves would beat Stockfish no matter what it plays.
I am saying that I cannot determine if you beat Stockfish by playing your moves and waiting for three  minutes, because as you pointed out, there are variables like what depth the engine reaches and equal evaluations between moves.

more_horiz
I was wondering if you could play another game against Stockfish, and this time post moves on this forum and I will post Stockfish's response after 3 minutes

We all would love to see that exclaim bigsmile rolleyes

I wonder why the modulators have not done anything about his removing and then reposting the same stuff exclaim

Post Removed Because of the TROLL! Below

IF you are going to remove it, then do so, don't repost it again at the bottom with the hope that the questions will go away

more_horiz
How to use chess engines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20YQZ7xmjE

Last edited by WorldChessNews on Thu May 21, 2015 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
I think the word that best describes this person is maybe charlatan  rolleyes

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/charlatan?s=ts

Last edited by stagehand on Thu May 21, 2015 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
KASANSKY wrote

Before I respond to your post, I was wondering if you could play another game against Stockfish, and this time post moves on this forum and I will post Stockfish's response after 3 minutes

Perhaps you would care to play against my Stockfish instead?   Because I do know how to use chess engines  bigsmile

more_horiz
KASANSKY wrote

Before I respond to your post, I was wondering if you could play another game against Stockfish, and this time post moves on this forum and I will post Stockfish's response after 3 minutes

stagehand wrote

Perhaps you would care to play against my Stockfish instead?   Because I do know how to use chess engines   bigsmile

In other words 'Put up or shut up'

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/put-up-or-shut-up

more_horiz
Сhess engines: How to use them properly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp2mHlmG-oc

Last edited by WorldChessNews on Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionStockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 EmptyTo Anthony

more_horiz
I am not going to respond to you again unless you answer my question.

Will you play another game against Stockfish by posting the moves on this forum, and then stagehand or I will post the engine's moves as well?

If you do not play a game against Stockfish this way, then I do not believe that you can beat Stockfish 6.

more_horiz
How to use the latest Stockfish 6 Chess engine within the ICC (chessclub.com) Blitzin interface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWAel8vKW3M

Last edited by WorldChessNews on Sat May 30, 2015 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
No doubt he will once again do his normal trick of removing his stupid post, put one of his  "Post Removed Because of the TROLL! Below"  things there, then reposting the
same drivel yet again because he seems to think if he has the last word/post no one will have read the rest of the posts rolleyes

I'm afraid to tell you that had you been honest with some answers maybe people (some) would have taken you seriously, but frankly it would seem you cannot even be
honest with yourself. Self praise is no praise at all. cry

more_horiz
Well are you going to take on my Stockfish 6....because no one will think much of this system until they see how it really works.

more_horiz
            Even without throwing the Full set of Analytical calculations at it and just by the amount of times {stagehand-K} has Posted on (W.C.N/A.R.B.C.S)'s Threads following him around from one Thread to another in an almost religious way ?, I reach the same reason/conclusion as to Why! as you :)          

Believe me, his posts will now have the full attention of the FORCE thumb up

more_horiz
Why Stockfish would Never Play 17. f4 ???

First for anyone that does Not know how to Analyse a Chess Game/Position on their Own!  

As far as Computer Settings goes... any Modern PC is Powerful! and the Main thing is the "The Depth of Search using a 3300 + ELO Engine" at (180) Seconds Per Move Which Normally is Very Strong! :)

So as I stated My Games are Now Played at (180) Seconds Per Move with Ponder on which means it's Possible for the Engine thinking in the Opponents time to Play (180) Seconds x 2 = (360) Seconds
Going back to the Depth (180) Seconds Relates to about (26 Ply)
Below is Stockfish 6 Move .17  (Which was/is going to be the Next Position I will be Posting) at an even Higher Depth than the (26 Ply) Played in the Game!

Position 03 (Closing The Kingside PAWNS) - Move 17. F2-F3 ?

The Chess Engines Close the Kingside by Closing their Pawns to the Systems Advantage!

1. d4 e6 2. Nf3 d6 3. c4 h6 4. e4 a6 5. Nc3 g6 6. Be2 b6 7. O-O Bg7 8. Be3
Ne7 9. Qd2 Bb7 10. d5 e5 11. b4 Nd7 12. c5 Bc8 13. c6 Nf6 14. Qd1 Ng4 15.
Bd2 f5 16. Ne1 Nf6 17. f3 {(f2-f3 g6-g5 Ne1-d3 Ne7-g6 g2-g3 f5-f4 Kg1-h1
O-O a2-a4 a6-a5 b4xa5 Ra8xa5 Nc3-b5 Ra5-a8 Nd3-f2 Bc8-a6 g3-g4 Ng6-h4
Ra1-b1 Qd8-e7 Bd2-c3 Qe7-f7 Kh1-g1 Ba6-c8 h2-h3 h6-h5 Be2-c4 Bc8-a6 Nf2-d3
Ba6xb5 Rb1xb5) +0.90/30} 0-1

Stockfish 6 Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess   - Page 2 Attachment

And below are the Reasons Why Engines can Play different Moves! :)

Chess Engines Move Choice Conditions:

Below is a list of  Conditions that Affect a Chess Engines Move Choice...

01 – Computer Hardware (Speed)
02 – Computer Software (Windows/Linux Etc.) Optimal Configuration
03 – Move Time (Each Per Second)
04 – Ponder (On/Off) (Thinking in the Opponents Time)
05 – Engine Evaluation is = (Which will Make the Engine Play from a Random Choice of = Moves)
06 – Move Pruning/Selectivity (Part of How the Engine makes a Choice for it's Best Move)
07 – Other Built in Special Move Conditional Algorithms ?

If your Computer Plays 17. f4 ? then there must be Something Wrong with your Settings or you are using an Old Computer! :(

And below is the Reason why! :) all Chess Engines (3000)+ ELO Will Refute 17. f4 ? Played at (180) Seconds!

[Event "The A.R.B Chess System-Game 06-Short"]
[Site "Why Stockfish would Never Play 17. f4 ??? "]
[Date "2015.04.08"]
[Origin "Great Britain"]
[White "Stockfish 6 Chess Program"]
[White-Elo "3300+"]
[Black "Anthony.R.Brown"]
[Black-Elo "?"]
[Opening "The A.R.B Chess System"]
[Time "180 Seconds Each Per Move"]
[Result "0-1"]

[pgn]1. d4 e6 2. Nf3 d6 3. c4 h6 4. e4 a6 5. Nc3 g6 6. Be2 b6 7. O-O Bg7 8. Be3
Ne7 9. Qd2 Bb7 10. d5 e5 11. b4 Nd7 12. c5 Bc8 13. c6 Nf6 14. Qd1 Ng4 15.
Bd2 f5 16. Ne1 Nf6 17. f4 Nxe4 18. Nxe4 fxe4 19. fxe5 Bxe5 20. Bf4 O-O 21.
Bxe5 Rxf1+ 22. Bxf1 dxe5 23. Bc4 Kg7 24. Nc2 a5 25. a3 Nf5 26. Qe1 Nd6 27.
Bf1 h5 28. b5 Bf5 29. Qc3 Qe7 30. Be2 Rf8 {+0.89} 0-1
[/pgn]

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum