Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionInstall opening book inside an engine EmptyInstall opening book inside an engine

more_horiz
Hi! Is it possible to install some opening book (.ctg, .bin, etc.) inside engine so when I put an engine inside some GUI, it plays best opening books automaticly?

descriptionInstall opening book inside an engine EmptyRe: Install opening book inside an engine

more_horiz
The current trend and best practice is for the opening book to be read by the GUI and not the engine. However, Stockfish 5 has the ability to read from bin. books. You can directly insert the bin book name and path into the engine parameters.

Stockfish 5

descriptionInstall opening book inside an engine EmptyRe: Install opening book inside an engine

more_horiz
Ok, and how exactly I do that? Do I just open .exe engine window and then put .bin book in inside it and then I close engine window and that's it?

more_horiz
No.
- Open engine parameters for Stockfish 5.
- Inside the empty field for bin book directory
- Type or Copy/Paste the name of the bin book
- I.E. book.bin

more_horiz
Ok, thanks a lot mate thumb up

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum