Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionHow to use engines to play from a setup starting place? EmptyHow to use engines to play from a setup starting place?

more_horiz
This is on behalf of my cousin who has purchased fritz 14. He wants to know how he can get two engines to play against each other from a set up position of his making to review the end result. Can any one help? I do not possess any computer chess engines

descriptionHow to use engines to play from a setup starting place? EmptyRe: How to use engines to play from a setup starting place?

more_horiz
Set the position you want, then keep pressing "space" key of your keyboard. I dont know about Fritz 14 but I make this in Fritz 11. Pressing "space" key, the moves will be made by engine till the end of the game.

How to use engines to play from a setup starting place? Move_now

Another way, you need to have the position you want in pgn file, easy to make with Fritz. Then go to Engine Match option, select the engines, the time...

How to use engines to play from a setup starting place? Engine_match

and load your position.

How to use engines to play from a setup starting place? Engine_vs_engine

descriptionHow to use engines to play from a setup starting place? EmptyRe: How to use engines to play from a setup starting place?

more_horiz
Thanks for that. I sent copies of your instructions but he reports that when he loads the pgn file and makes sure he's at the position he wants and then goes to engines, with all the option you suggested. It starts a fresh game as though it is playing against two engines from scratch. think

more_horiz
That pgn must contain only the position he wants, not the whole game.

How to use engines to play from a setup starting place? Save_position

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum